Saturday, June 9, 2007

Home Inspection

This is the last house update before we actually move in! We had the home inspection on Friday. There were a few minor things that need to be fixed, but we are meeting with Bobby Anne tomorrow (Sunday) to do an amendment to the contract to have those things fixed before we close. I am really glad we had the inspection done, even though it's a new home. Inspector Homes from Staunton did it, and I think they did a great job. The only major thing left to be done is the grading and seeding of the yard. Along with the small things that need to be fixed, I imagine it should only take them a couple days this week to be completely done. Here are some pictures.


The living room with the beautiful hardwood floors. If you can see, there are 3 electrical plugs along the front wall. The one under the window is something that most builders don't usually do, unless asked to, according to our inspector. It is on a separate circuit that is connected to a light switch. So when Christmas time comes around, we'll just have to flip a switch to turn our Christmas tree lights on and off! The 2 bedrooms on the front side have that feature as well.




My wonderful kitchen! I am so happy with the way it turned out. It was really kind of hard to pick out everything just based on a tiny sample swatch of whatever it was, but we are both very pleased with the kitchen.




The main bathroom. Of course we love the double vanity, and both bathrooms have little linen closets in them, which will be very nice.



We should be closing this Friday and hopefully all moved in on Saturday! I can't wait to update with pictures once we get there.

1 comment:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

I LOVE your house! The living room is SO beautiful - I can't wait to come and see it once you get everything in and settled! You will make it a wonderful home (not just a house!) with hopefully many children to come soon! :)