Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where is the Summer Going??

Hello- I figured it was time for an update. Amanda told me I have been slacking since we moved in... I'll try harder. :) It's hard to believe we are more than half way through July already. We have been very busy. Anthony has less than a week left at summer school and then he will have a few weeks off before school starts back up again. I believe he is planning on building us a shed during his break. I've been at Staunton Foods for over a month now and am still enjoying it. The bulk of my work is divided between human resources and accounts payable. I'm hoping that work will pay for me to take an accounting class this fall and I kind of have it in my mind that I'm going to work toward a degree in accounting. I'm not really in a hurry but maybe in a few years I can add that to my resume.

This coming weekend is a down weekend for us. I think we'll need it because for almost the next month we are going to be very busy on the weekends. Next weekend, Mom, Anthony, and I are leaving on Friday morning and going to Knoxville to visit my wonderful friend Laura Williams. She just bought a house in January and we haven't seen it yet, so I'm excited about that. We are also going to go to Dixie Stampede while we are there. Anthony has never been and I absolutely love doing fun things with people who have never done them before! The weekend after that, the first weekend in August, Matt and Amanda (and baby) will be visiting us. We don't really have any special plans but I do know we'll be going to Chili's to satisfy Amanda's "there's no Chili's in Lynchburg" cravings. You don't hear me complaining. Then the weekend after that, Anthony and I will be going to Baltimore on Friday morning to see a Red Sox - Orioles baseball game. This was Anthony's birthday present. We'll stay overnight on Friday and I'm not sure what else we'll do while we are there. Probably go to the Inner Harbor maybe the aquarium. Any suggestions would be welcome!

This week we (well, me really) have been into The World Series of Pop Culture on VH1. Tonight is the final game. I guess it's fun for me because I know a decent amount of pop culture and Anthony doesn't really know much, so it's one thing I can beat him in! :)

I guess that's about all I have to say... here a few pictures to enjoy!


Our "wedding wall"



Up close



Us in front of the house..... Anthony sporting the sock feet



Zoe being silly wearing her daddy's hat - she would try to get him to chase her around the house because she stole his hat

1 comment:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

Yeah for blogging! I'm glad you updated and put some pictures up. That wedding wall needs to become a baby wall soon I think. :)