Monday, October 25, 2010

....and totally redeem yourself!

You go and do something like this, Kroger, and totally redeem yourself!

Ten points to anyone who can name that movie! :)

But really, I hit the jackpot with Kroger today. They were on my bad side after my last trip, but the did, "totally redeem" themselves today. They are having a General Mills, buy 4, get $6 off promotion and one of my items, the Nature Valley granola bars were not ringing up as part of the promotion, but they should have been (tags on the shelf showed they were). The cashier went and got some help from a manager (I'm assuming that's what she was) and she was super nice and when she saw that the item on the shelf did indeed show that it was a participating item, she took the $6 right off for me, with no problems.

And guess what? The big time managers were in a meeting today while I was there.... I wonder if they would have given me problems if they were the ones to help?? Hopefully not, but I can't help but wonder.

Anyways, onto the important stuff....

Here's what I got:

7 bags of Chex Mix
2 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
2 boxes of Reese's Puffs
4 boxes of Chex cereal (to make Chex Mix at Christmas time- yummy!)
5 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars
















Total paid: $5.51
Retail price: about $50, for a savings of almost 90%

I am telling you, no matter how many times I get great deals like these, the rush never goes away! :)

3 comments:

The Tylers said...

Yes! Hahahha. It never gets old. :)

Jennifer Spinks said...

how in the world did you do that?! I use coupons and compare with the sales but can never get that good!

The Tylers said...

It just takes practice... keep going and you'll get it! :)