Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Zoe!

Today, my Zoe girl turns 6! So hard to believe! Thought I would recount her birth story, from my view of course, for anyone who may not have heard it.

I was in my junior year of college when Zoe was born. It was Wednesday before Thanksgiving break started. I was in the Bruckner Learning Center where I was a grader for one of my former professors. Seth called to let me know that Ashley had an appointment that morning and they were sending her to the hospital, so that would be the day! I was SO excited and burst into tears before running around letting my professors know that I would not be there the next day.

We had a Thanksgiving dinner on my floor night, and I really did not want to miss it, so I ate as fast as I could before packing my things up and heading for home. I was almost the hospital, getting off exit 91 from 64, when my phone rang. It was Ashley, and she said "She's here!". "Who's here?" I said. Haha! Of course, I missed the arrival by just a few minutes. Though I didn't get to see her first, I was the first one outside of the birthing room to know of her arrival. :)


















Zoe came hom from the hospital on my birthday, November 19th and I tell her that she was my present.



She has been SUCH a huge blessing in my entire family's life and I truly cannot imagine life without her. Love you Zoe Girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look how itty-bitty she was!!!!!!!!!!! Such a pretty baby who has turned into a pretty girl! Happy Birthday, Zoe!