Saturday, August 25, 2007

Children of the World


This past Wednesday I started my accounting class. It went well and I think I will enjoy it. I remembered I don't miss all the reading from college though!


Tomorrow at church we are having World Hope's Children of the World Choir. Two of the girls from the choir are staying with Mom & Ashley tonight. We just got back from being over there to eat dinner and hang out with them. They have two little girls, ages 7 & 8. Lilly is from India and Rochel is from the Philippines. They were so cute! Lilly really took to Anthony. She sat across from Anthony at dinner and she would just grin at him. Then later, they were playing with some ice packs, and she kept "getting" Anthony with her ice pack. She absolutely loved him! When we went to leave, she ran straight to him to give him a hugh - I had to ask for mine! Haha. They call adults "auntie" and "uncle": it was sweet to hear her call him uncle. Mom says this group of kids has only been in the US for 3 weeks, so their English was broken at best, but they sure were sweet. I am so excited to see their concert tomorrow at church. Vicky, her brother Evan, and roommate Becky, will be visiting for the day so they can see the concert too. Vicky hasn't seen the house yet, so that will be fun to have them here! (I took a few pictures of the girls on Mom's camera, so hopefully I will get those pictures and post them soon - meanwhile, that is a picture of the kids on the Central US tour - I'm not sure if that is from this group, the picture is kind of small, but it gives you a good idea!)


Also, Anthony and I are going to be leading the 7th and 8th grade Sunday School class starting next week. Jeremy has a video series so we'll be using that and then having discussion about it. We are excited about starting that. We have really enjoyed spending time with the kids in that age group - they are a great bunch of kids!
That's all for tonight!

No comments: