Last weekend, we visited Laura in Knoxville, TN. Me, Anthony, and my mom went. We were there from Friday till Sunday and we had a wonderful time. It was really good because I think Laura and Anthony got to know each other better and just hang out and have fun together. Anthony came into my life after Laura and I had gone our separate ways for college, so obviously he knew she was one of my best friends, but they had never gotten to spend much time around each other, so it was nice since they got to do that on the trip! We went to Dixie Stampede on Saturday. Here are a few pictures from while we were waiting for the show:
Mom, Laura, & Anthony in the rockers
"Laverne & Shirley" hanging out with the horse - just like old times :)
Aren't we cute? (Except for me looking like a fat lard! Pictures sure are good motivation for exercise!)
Just before we went to Tennesse, Anthony finished up with summer school. So he has been on "break" this last week. He has been busy working on our shed for the back yard. Here is some of the progress he has made:
He actually has the entire foundation done now and is working on walls now. We just ordered the doors and windows this evening, so hopefully they will be here soon. It doesn't look like he'll be able to have it done before he goes back to school, just because of the special order business, but he certainly has a good start on it.
This weekend we had Matt & Amanda here to visit. They left this evening, but we had a really nice time visiting with them. It's so nice just to be able to hang out with them. I miss Amanda and my roommate days and all the fun we had together! I cannot wait till their baby girl is born in November!
Also, on an exciting note for me, I am going to be taking an accounting class this fall at Blue Ridge Community College. I really am enjoying the accounting aspects of my job and I plan to pursue my associates degree in accounting now. I'm going to take my time but hopefully one day I can reach that goal. It's going to be a Wednesday night class so unfortunately I'm going to have to miss church on Wednesday nights until December. I am very excited to be doing school again though. I have missed it since I graduated.
Well, that's about all that is new in our lives for now. This coming weekend, we are going to Baltimore on Friday for a Red Sox/Orioles game. We are staying overnight on Friday and will probably go to the aquarium and just hang out on Saturday before we come home. It will be a nice little getaway for us before Anthony gets back to school again!

No comments:
Post a Comment