Well, it's about time for an update. Nothing major happening here. There's been a lot of sad, tragic things going on, either with people I know or know of, or things I've seen in the blogging world. Little Tyson fighting cancer has finished up his first round of chemo. My dad's partner at work just lost a one month old son to SIDS. A wife and mother mudered in NC. A hopeful couple lost the son they were adopting in just a few weeks from Ethiopia. I don't understand why these things happen but I do know that they make me appreciate my husband and family a little bit more. I hug a little tighter and love a little deeper. It's really scary to think of all the bad things that could happen but I think I should try to live day to day, just appreciating what I have been given today. I hope God will bring good things out of all these terrible situations.
On a lighter note, I finally took "belly" pictures for the first time this past Sunday. I think I am finally starting to show just a little bit so I figured I better start with the pictures so I can see the progression. Mind you, I'm not posting those because it just looks disgusting to me! I have some trouble distinguishing "baby" from regular fat, so I'd rather not have the rest of the blogging world analyzing those photos! :) I will post pictures once it is obviously baby instead of regular fat!
Also, I wanted to share this amazing recipe. I have made it before so I hope I am not repeating myself. It's from the Kraft magazine, "Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwiches". I never knew BBQ could be so easy to make and so amazingly delicious! Here's what the recipe calls for and then I'll add my 2 cents:
1 boneless pork shoulder (2 lb.)
3 onions, sliced, separated into rings
1/2 cup Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce
Place meat in slow cooker; top with onions and barbeque sauce. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours). Remove meat from slower cooker; cut off and discard excess fat. Shred meat using 2 forks or chop meat into small pieces. Return meat to slow cooker; stir until evenly coated with sauce.
Now for my tips and opinions.... I actually use a pork picnic roast. I don't really know what the difference is, but with the picnic roast, there is no bone so you can just shred the meat. Also, we usually get closer to a 4 lb roast. It will still cook in under 10 hours and you can get at least 3 meals out of this. I usually still use the same amount of onions but you could adjust that to your taste. Obviously I use more barbecue sauce with a bigger roast but you can adjust that a little too. Also, sometimes I use different flavors of BBQ sauce.
This is way better than BBQ you can buy at the store and it is SO easy with hardly any work required! I'm telling you, try it and you will love it! Let me know if you do!
Well, off to get ready for bed for me. And I need to get a few minutes of reading into the book I am borrowing from Courtney. It is the BEST book to read when you are pregnant and I think it'd be a great read even if you're not pregnant cause it's just so funny! Thanks Courtney! :)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad you're liking the book! It IS funny. And as for the belly pics, you think it's bad now, wait until AFTER the baby is born! Post-baby belly is YUCK. :<} BUT SOOOOO WORTH IT!
Post a Comment