This morning before my doctor's appointment, I stopped by the hospital to see my dad and bring him some McDonald's tea. :) He was doing okay, but pretty uncomfortable from having to stay in one position pretty much all the time. He told me this afternoon it looks like he will get out of the hospital on Wednesday. I'm not sure where he will go after that however. Hopefully to the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at AMC so he can really get the help he needs and have attention 24 hours a day since everyone in our family has a job during the day.
After the visit, I headed to the Women's Center for my checkup. It did turn out to be just a checkup - weight, urine sample, blood pressure, heartbeat, etc. My blood pressure was good and it's amazing to hear the heartbeat, as always. I was also measured for the first time and he said that looked right on.
Then I asked Dr. Brooks how much I had gained since the beginning because our scale is semi-broken and I haven't really been keeping track, and I have only gained 3 pounds! I could hardly believe it. I asked him if that was okay, and he said that it was, as long as I was eating healthy and not trying to lose weight, which of course I am not. I just really am not sure how I've pulled that off, since I feel like I've been eating more, if anything, certainly not less. It is normal for overweight women not to gain as much, but I was just shocked. I hope I can keep this up, so I don't have much to lose after Bailey is born!
I will have the glucose screening on September 30th, so they gave me the little orange bottle to drink before I come to that appointment. Everything was great, so I'm happy and thankful for a good appointment and a healthy baby so far.
Well, I am trying a new recipe tonight, Tater-Topped Casserole, and my timer just rang, so hopefully it will turn out yummy!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's great that you've only gained 3 pounds!! You've looked really great in your pictures. That means you're probably losing weight elsewhere. Keep up the great work and keep eating. Trust me - I ate a TON and I was fine - right on target weight gain for having a baby.
Post a Comment