Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fried Beans and Red Sox

I wanted to blog about these things while they were on my mind, because if I wait, I'll forget!

We tried out that new Fried Beans restaurant that I had mentioned last week. If you are in the Waynesboro area and have been wanting to try it, I suggest you do it soon because that place will not be open long. At one point, for probably 10 minutes, we were the only people there, and this was like 6 something. The busiest restaurant time of the whole week probably. The food was not bad, but nothing special. My burrito consisted of a tortilla filled with beef, and that's it. So it tasted fine, but I could have made that at home very easily. The only "pluses" I saw there was that their salsa was like the fresh made, has-tomato-chunks kind, you know what I mean? It was necessarily better than El Puerto (our regular place) but different. And they were playing Spirit FM over their sound system. So after my long analysis of the restaurant, here is my conclusion. If they had food that was super great, they MIGHT be able to make it. But with mediocre food, and El Puerto practically across the street, they won't be there long. End of story.

Oh, but since our dining experience wasn't impressive, I thought we deserved Sonic milkshakes, so we got those after our Walmart shopping. :)

And my other thought was on the Red Sox/Rays game last night, that lasted FOREVER. The Red Sox did not win, so that was a bummer, but we had already won one game, so no big deal. And the next 3 games are at Fenway, so that's an advantage for us. The game started at 8, and was not over till close to 2am if I am remembering correctly. I fell asleep on the couch probably around 11 and slept till close to the end. Well when I woke up it was the 11th inning so I had to see what happened, so I got in bed and turned the tv on and finished watching there. I really enjoy watching these games with Anthony although he was commenting last night on why you can't watch these things with women, since I would make random, non-related comments at important times during the game. I REALLY do like watching them. :) I guess I can just think of two things at once. I'm spaghetti, all my trains of thoughts cross each other and I can think of multiple things at one time. He is a waffle and he was in his baseball box last night so he can't think of the other things I wanted to talk about. Fair enough. I'll try harder Monday night. :)

Now, I'm off to get ready for church. Hopefully I can get in a nap today...

1 comment:

Laura said...

You and I are so much alike. Walter enjoys watching Fox News (Bill O'Reilly, Hannity and Colmes, etc..) and I indulge him and watch with him, but I am the same way. I will make completly random comments, having nothing to do with the subject on tv, he looks at me, and you can almost "read" his expression of "How did you possible think of that, and why do you feel the need to bring it up now?" It makes me chuckle. We are women. We have the ability to give birth, write our grocery list, and help the kids with Algebra... at the same time. Thanks for the plug for my blog!