Harry Connick Jr. on American Idol? Yes, please. I am definitely a fan of his. Let's see if the contestants measure up...
Aaron Kelly, "Fly Me To The Moon" - I thought it started out a little rocky. I like his "Sinatra" look tonight. The longer he's around the more he grows on me, I think. He really is a good singer, but I'm still not crazy about him. I don't know if it's his personality or his look, or what it is but something doesn't just click with him for me. He did a decent job though.
Casey James, "Blue Skies" - I'm afriad Casey may be in trouble this week. This style just doesn't fit him, and it seemed a little awkward and corny at times to me. I am pretty sure I heard some bad notes in there as well. I don't know why they don't change these songs up to fit their own styles... maybe they are not supposed to do that this week?? Anyways, it was not good.
Crystal Bowersox, "Summer Wind" - She looked beautiful and that girl can sing. She is very versatile and did a great job with something that was not necessarily "her". Really nice.
Michael Lynche, "The Way You Look Tonight" - I just need to say here that I really don't like it when they pick a singer and try to make everyone fit in that mold. I mean, I guess it does help show who is the best singer and can handle anything, but I'm not a fan of it. I like it when it's more open-ended for song choice. With that said, Michael was aweseome! He was really into it, and the vocals were perfect. Loved it.
Lee Dewyze, "That's Life" - I think this was a good song choice for him. I'm not really familiar with a lot of Sinatra songs, but I think it suited him really well. He seemed really comfortable with it. I loved the "puppet, pauper, etc." part. I'm liking Lee more and more every week as well, and am definitely a fan of his now. He did an awesome job with this song and I LOVED it. And by the way, last week, remember when I said I would buy his version of "Still the One"? Well, I did. :) It is on my ipod now!
Best of the night: Lee
Worst of the night: Casey
Should go home: Aaron
Will go home: Casey
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment