Monday, March 12, 2007

House Hunting!

Hello all! Just wanted to share with you all about our house hunting efforts. Well, our lease is set to end on May 31 and of course we want to get in a house so we don't have to lose another year's worth of rent and so we can soon start to build our family! As of today, we officially have a realtor, Bobby Anne Wood, whose company, Landmark Realty, owns and operates our apartment complex. One of Mom's good friends is friends with Bobby Anne and told us that she would be great for us. So she is officially our realtor as of today! For the past few months we have been casually browsing the market on the MLS system online. On Sunday we went to 3 different open houses and fell in love with the first one we went to. It is a new construction on the north end of Waynesboro in a subdivision called Northwood. The awesome thing about it is, that if we were to act fast, since it is still being built, we could pick the paint color, flooring, lighting, etc.

Now... while I am in love with this house, it is definitely at the very highest end of our price range, and I know there is so much that would have to happen for us to even have a chance of getting it. But I am just really searching for God's will on this. I have prayed that he would shut doors if this is not what he wants for us, and I am ready for that to happen. Anthony has also been on the phone and emailing much of the day with mortgage companies. We are trying to find who can give us the best deal and a plan that will really work for us. I am learning fast how complicated this stuff is! But I'm thankful I have a husband who is strong and confident about the process. We plan to take a drive with Bobby Anne on Wednesday and do some comparing. Here is a picture that is very similar to the house we like:


So we would love it if you would pray for us, that God would direct us in the way we should go as we continue our house hunt. We'll keep you updated!

No comments: