Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

So Dawn, Amanda's sister, inspired me to do this Thursday Thirteen thing. I had never seen it before I saw it on her blog. I think it sounds like fun and it's really a good way for people to get to know you better. I'm going to start with 13 Things I Love About My New House.

In no particular order...

1. The sunburst window in the spare bedroom. I'd like to get some kind of window treatment that is made for that kind of window someday.

2. The layout of the house. It makes such good use of space and makes our 1400 square feet seem bigger than it really is.

3. Our bedroom/closets/bathroom in the master. It really seems like a master "suite" because of the way it is layed out. Almost feels like a hotel or something. :)

4. Our big yard. I want to play with our kids in that yard, and it's nice that us and the neighbors aren't right on top of each other.

5. The air conditioning system. It seems to be really efficient and has kept our electric bills pretty low so far.

6. All the cabinet space in the kitchen. I still have space I have not filled yet! Enough said.

7. The hardwood floors in the living room. They are beautiful and the allow me to have a cool rug too!

8. The closets in the bathrooms. I have more than enough storage in my bathrooms. I keep non-bathroom things in the hall bathroom since we don't really use that one very much.

9. The front porch and back deck. I love just sitting and enjoying the outdoors though that is hard to do in the summer because the mosquitoes eat me alive! I'll be able to do that more when it gets a little cooler.

10. This isn't directly a part of the house I guess, but it's in the house so it counts to me and it's my blog so I'm allowed to do whatever I want.... haha. I love that we have some furniture from my grandparents in our house. When my grandma moved out of her house and in with my aunt and uncle, we bought (at a very discounted price, mind you) some of her furniture from her. We have their dining room table, Lay-Z-Boy rocker, TV, TV stand, and end table. It just seems special because it was my grandparents' stuff. Especially the end table because my grandpa actually made that.

11. I love that we got to basically pick everything out ourselves, so everything is pretty much exactly the way I want it to be. Everything came together so nicely and I am so pleased at the final product.

12. I love the area the house is in. The reasons are many. First of all, it's a really nice, quiet neighborhood. Everyone always waves, even though you don't know them. It's right near the base of the mountains so they can't really make the neighborhood much bigger. I love the mountains. It's also not too far from everything.

13. Ours is different. Though the style is similar/the same as many others, no one else has gray siding with navy blue shutters. The trend seems to be the tan siding with burgandy shutters, so I'm glad ours is not like everyone else's.


Hopefully I can keep this up each Thursday. Pretty fun really.

This past weekend, we made our last big purchase form Lowe's for the shed. Anthony's got all the plywood up. He needs to go back and reinforce with some more nails and then he'll be on to siding and shingles. It's really going to be a nice looking shed when it's all done. I'll post a picture when I take another. That's all for now!

P.S.: Happy 21st birthday to Jeremy!

No comments: