Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Well, first of all, before the Thursday Thirteen, I'd like to ask you to pray for my sister. She was falsely accused of something at work and is meeting with her boss tomorrow. So please pray that God will work the situation out. And onto the 13....

Today, I am feeling a bit down because of that situation, and I (as well as my mom, and probably Ashley too) are just feeling beaten down, like it's just one thing after another for us, all bad, by the way. I'm growing weary of this time of my life and wondering when something good is going to come. At the same time, I am feeling like I am growing a lot. I know I am growing spiritually; the Beth Moore Bible studies are doing wonders for me. Also, I have been exercising in the mornings for about the past 5 weeks or so now. I started out walking, but then about 2 weeks ago I discovered yoga on tv at 6 in the morning. So I've been doing that since then. It is really hard, but I am enjoying it. I don't think I have lost any weight yet, but I feel better about myself if nothing else. Anyways, all that to say, I am weary and don't feel like thinking a lot or being creative, so I am going to do.......

13 Things I Do At My Job

1. Fill information into an accounting report every morning. Stuff like our sales, gross profit, credit, etc., etc.

2. Match up receiving documents to the corresponding PO (Purchase Orders).

3. Receive inventory into our computer system.

4. Stamp invoices with the date we received them.

5. Match invoices up to their corresponding PO's and receiving documents.

6. Write up the invoices on a little half sheet of paper that displays all the information I need from it.

7. Enter the payables (invoices) into our computer system.

8. Total hours on time cards.

9. Calculate the pick pay bonus for the night crew.

10. Submit 401K deferrals online.

11. Help new employees fill out insurance enrollment forms and submit those forms to the insurance companies.

12. Sort, attach stuff to, and distribute paychecks.

13. Update more spreadsheets than you've seen in your life and complete a billion and one reports throughout the month!


So that's my job in a nutshell! Now you know exactly what I do.

I am so glad it is almost the weekend. We don't have any big plans really. Hopefully Anthony will be able to get a lot of work done on the shed. I'm sure we'll take our weekly trip to Walmart and maybe rent a movie. Anyone know any good movies to rent? I am also on the 4th Harry Potter book now, The Goblet of Fire. I'm about half way through and I can't wait till I finish it so I can reward myself by watching the movie. Well, I have lasagna in the oven and hopefully it will be done soon so that's all for now! :)

No comments: