Thursday, November 8, 2007

2 Posts in One Day..... Wooo!

I wanted to do a Thursday Thirteen, but first I wanted to say that I so cannot wait until Baby Girl Bruns finally comes out! I am so excited to meet her and my arms and just longing to hold her! Now, onto the 13...

13 (Interesting, or at least that's what I'm going for) Classes I Have Taken

In no particular order...

1. Survey of American History I - I took this at Blue Ridge my senior year of high school, and the professor was also a professional storyteller. So the class was incredibly interesting because it was just like being a kid listening to stories the whole time.

2. Contemporary Issues - This was a class everyone has to take at Liberty, and it was fun because it was about current issues of our time. Made you question why you believe what you believe which is always good.

3. Calculus - This just had to go on here because it was my first and only "C". Anthony had my notes from college pulled out tonight for his calculus class he teaches, and I couldn't believe that I actually could semi-do that stuff at one time! It's like a foreign language now.

4. Theology Survey II - I took it with Ergun Caner who is incredibily entertaining and cool. And it wasn't boring like my Theology I.

5. Children's Literature - Everyone who ever takes this class loves it. You get to read kid's books. How cool is that? And what's more than that, you learn to appreciate them. This class definitely sparked an interest that is still alive. I would like to eventually read all of the Newbery award winners.

6. Literature of the Bible - I can't say it was the most exciting class ever, but it was neat to look at the Bible from a literary perspective.

7. Regional Studies in Geography: China - I learned a lot about the culture of China in this class. Donaldson, the professor, was totally into China so I felt like one of his "elect" since I was in the class he loved. Made a pretty cool presentation too. Oh and we also read some pretty good novels.

8. Contemporary Health Issues - I actually looked forward to going to this one. It was definitely the most relevant of all classes I took and I am so glad I did take it. This was the only class Vicky and I ever had together. He just talked (not necessarily taught) about any health issues that could ever be relevant to us in life, from birth control to cancer. It was so interesting. I would take it over again if I could.

9. Elementary School Curriculum - I think I can honestly say I hated this class, but I'm really impressed with everything I accomplished during that semester. You basically write an entire year's worth of curriculum for your chosen grade level. Not only that, but I had a partner who was terrible at formatting... ugh. Had a lot of late nights that semester.

10. Intro to Statistical Analysis and Intro to Mathematical Statistics - Don't ask me what the difference is, I can't remember anymore. But the professor of these classes was the one I went on my trip to China on. So I loved the relationships in these classes and the fact that we could talk about God and prayer requests, not just statistics.

11. Grammar and Composition - Took this one at Blue Ridge and the professor looked like Chandler from friends. I swear. So it was cool.

12. Accounting - I am taking this now and I really like this kind of math and the fact that I can relate a lot of it to my job.

13. "Special Projects" - as it says on my transcript. This was my Christian service that I did as a professor's assistant kind of thing. I graded a lot of handwriting, so I can write extremely well now. My last year doing it, I was like the "head" person, so that was fun. Graded reading logs, kept up spreadsheets for grades, etc, etc. I really had a lot of fun doing that and getting to work with Mrs. Sherman was wonderful. I still don't know how she picked me to do it, but I'm sure glad she did.


Okay, that's enough. If anyone has any special requests for Thursday Thirteens, I would love to hear them, cause I'm not very good at picking the topics!

No comments: