Then while we were visiting Anthony's family for the weekend, we found out Anthony's sister-in-law Laura is expecting! She is due in July and I just have to tell the story of how they told us. We were playing Apples to Apples with the whole family and it was Anthony's turn to be the judge. He got the card "sensual". So everyone lays down their red cards and someone had layed down the card "having a baby". Anthony is just reading through the cards when Chris says "Who's having a baby?" and Laura says "I am". Everybody got really quiet for like 5 seconds, thinking like "Is she serious or does she just mean she played that card???". Then Laura starts laughing and everyone else does too assuming that she was just meaning that she was the one who played the card. Then someone says "Are you serious?" and she says "Yes!" and we all errupt in cheers and clapping!
Hahaha... it was so funny and priceless. I wish we had gotten it on video. Anthony's mom and I were talking about how that had to be 100% from God because there have got to be more than 1000 cards in that deck, so what are the chances of her getting that exact card? She said God must have been smiling down on us having a good time together and thought He should add a little excitement to the mix. I just pictured God laughing and smiling along with us. Totally unbelievable how it happened. So anyways, I will be an aunt again in July, so that is exciting!
Another thing to be thankful for, Jon & Sam got a house! They have been wanting this for a while and this kind of just fell in their lap and everything has just worked out in a way that could only be from God. So God just threw all kinds of blessings on our family in the past week!
I am going to see Lily on Saturday so I am very excited about that. I'll end with our annual family picture and one of the guys being crazy!

No comments:
Post a Comment