Saturday, April 5, 2008

Reprimanded

So Amanda called me out about not blogging lately, so this is for her, so she will be happy. :)
We've been staying busy, for sure. Easter weekend we went to VA Beach and stayed with Anthony's parents. We had a really good time going to Kevin's birthday party, Lily's dedication, and just hanging out doing nothing.





















Last night my mom had a Pampered Chef party, so I went to that and had a great time. Before the party started, we were just talking about different stuff, and it came up that the consultant has a 5 year old daughter who has autism. She firmly believes that vaccinations (the chicken pox vaccination in particular) is what caused (or pushed her over the edge) her to have autism. She said the night her little girl had the chicken pox vaccine, she woke up screaming because she couldn't move her legs or turn over. She was temporarily paralyzed. She was never the same after that vaccine. Evonne did not get to hear her little girl call her "mommy" until she was 3 and a half years old. They have treated her behaviorally and with diet, not with medication, and she is doing very well now, thank goodness. I have heard a little talk of the possibility of vaccinations leading to autism before, but this was the first time I really heard anyone go into depth with it like she did. It really has made me think a lot, and when I do have a baby, I definitely plan on researching with vaccinations I do and do not think are necessary for my child. Evonne said that like back in the time when I was an infant and toddler, the vaccination schedule for children included 10 vaccinations by 36 months. Today, there are 36 vaccinations they give to children by the time they are 3 years old. Autism is at an all time high, and still on the rise. A coincidence? I don't think so. Anyways, I'll get off my soap box now, but it really made me think, and I would encourage anyone else reading this, who has children or will someday have children, to at least look into and do what you think is best for you child, not just what the doctor tells you.

Last weekend, we finally got the trash outside and inside the shed all cleaned up, and Anthony build a workbench. Today I painted the doors. I am so glad we are pretty much done with this project. We got to actually put our lawn mower and other stuff into the shed today! Here is a
picture. The doors need another coat of paint still, but we're getting there.

No comments: