Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Sister-in-law.... AKA Superwoman!

Do I have some news tonight!

First of all, Tyson's surgery went very well but the next 24 hours are critical, as for all serious surgery patients. See the link to the right for a full update.

Now.... on our way home from work today, Anthony's mom called to tell us that Laura (Anthony's sister-in-law) had gone to the dr. today for a regular OB checkup and they admitted her to the hospital because her blood pressure was so high. She thought they might go ahead and induce her, but wasn't sure. So we're thinking, oh that's exciting, the baby might be born this weekend!

So about 20 minutes ago, Linda calls me to tell me that Laura is now in labor and 10 cm dilated! Wow! Told Linda to call us if she was born by 10:30, if not then wait till the morning. So I call Ashley & Mom up to tell them that I'm going to have a new niece tonight. Well, as I am talking to Ashley, someone is beeping in, so I answer and it is Linda telling me that the baby was born already!!!! So welcome to the world Elena Corrine Tyler!! We are aunt and uncle again! :) I don't know any of the details yet but I will pass them on tomorrow once I get them. So here's the great thing about it.... we were already planning on going to VA Beach this weekend! We were supposed to have a big family dinner out to celebrate Jeremy & Brynn's new marriage. I imagine we will still do something even if we don't get to have everyone there, but how exciting that we get to see and hold our new little niece! She wasn't supposed to be born until early July so I wasn't sure when we were going to be able to make it down there, but how wonderfully this is going to work out!














Left to right, Brynn, who is due September 30th, Laura, aka Superwoman, and Chris, who is either faking pregnancy, or has a very deformed baby! :) This picture was just taken a few days ago, and I don't think Laura even looks 9 months pregnant. Maybe it's a mini-baby and that's how she was born so fast!

Anyways, congratulations Chris & Laura, we are SO happy for you and can't wait to meet little Elena!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holding your sweet new niece is going to make you SO impatient to meet your own little miracle. :<} Congratulations, Tyler family.