Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday

Don't have much to update about really, but I'm trying to stay faithful to this. :)

Last night we went to Jeremy & Summer's (our youth pastor & wife) house for dinner. Pastor Don and Sandy, and Clayton and Nicki (our summer interns) were also there. We had some excellent chicken parmasean for dinner and then we had dessert and talked a while, and then we played Pit. We had a really good time and didn't get home till about 11. I went straight to bed after that! :)

This morning Anthony had graduation, which was on the football field. In the extremely hot weather. Poor thing has a sunburn on his forehead where his graduation cap was. I went to the library and to Walmart to get groceries while he was gone. Once we were both home, we lounged around for a little while, and then we got to work on cleaning. With all the coming and going we do many weekends, we don't get everything cleaned like we should. But the house got a thorough cleaning today, so I feel so much better! Then we went to El Puerto for dinner and went to Kohl's and got Anthony a pair of pants and shirt. Now we are just here chilling out. Anthony just came back in from shooting some hoops on his new basketball goal. :) He has really been enjoying it, so I'm glad I got it for him.

We should be getting our new living room furniture soon. I think I'm going to have a hard time figuring out how I want it set up in here. I'd like to go to some of the neighbor's houses and just ask them to see how they have their living rooms arranged! They might think I'm crazy. :)

Well, tomorrow we have church and my aunt and uncle from Georgia are going to be in town, so I'm excited about seeing them. We also have started this new life group, Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We've only had one week so far, but I already feel like we have learned so much. These principles just seems like they can be absolutely life-changing. If you are looking for something to help with financial stuff, I highly recommend at least reading the book, Financial Peace Revisited.

No comments: