We had a great weekend in Va Beach. Saturday we were all over the place! We went to Chris & Laura's as soon as they got home from the hospital and saw their new house, and of course, baby Elena. She is definitely the smallest baby I have ever held. Her little head is the same size as the softball they use in church leagues. Laura measured her head and it was 12 inches around! She is absolutely precious and we are thrilled to have another niece!
Then we stopped at Jon and Sam's for a few minutes to drop off a dresser, then we headed over to Jeremy & Brynn's apartment. It was the first time we had met Brynn and we got to see their cute apartment!
Then we went to Outback Steakhouse to celebrate Jeremy & Brynn's marriage. Unfortunately Chris & Laura couldn't be there, but I guess popping out a baby (even though it only took 2 pushes) is a pretty good excuse! I had baby back ribs and it was a fantastic meal! It's probably bad for me cause it put a taste in my mouth for more ribs! :) We had a really good time having almost all the family there.
After dinner, Jeremy, Brynn, and us went back to Jon & Sam's for games and dessert. They guys played Super Smash Brothers or something and we talked for a while. Then once Kevin & Isaac went to bed, we played "couples" Mario Party. It was really fun (I love that game) and Anthony & I won! Yay! Jon is really bitter about it, haha. :)
Sunday, we went to church and were able to have lunch with the entire family, all 13 of us! We even got a family picture which I will post later, I'm feeling too lazy right now! We had to leave right after that to get back for our Financial Peace University life group. We definitely don't want to miss that as much as we paid for it, haha!
So today we had an amazing blessing in our mailbox! We got a notice from Navy Federal, who our mortgage is with, that according to federal law they have to evaluate the escrow account once a year. Well, we have been paying more on that than was needed apparently because we got a check for over $300 and our mortgage payment was reduced by about $25! It may not seem like much, but we've been a little worried about how we are going to make it work once the baby comes with me only working part-time. I have been confident that God will provide and this was just an example showing how he can and will do that. It was also great, because our lifegroup last night was about getting rid of debt. It really got us (and everyone else in the class) pumped up about getting out of debt, and so now we are dead set on getting the Jeep paid off as soon as possible. So now we can put that check straight toward the Jeep. I was just close to tears because of what a blessing from God this is.
And finally, I'll go ahead an announce it on here as all of our family knows now. We have picked out a name for our little girl........ she will be called.....
Bailey!
We are still thinking about middle names, so please give us any suggestions you have. I'm off to get ready for bed now.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Grace
Anne
Nicole (for Ash, of course)
Elizabeth
Alyssa
Paige
Danielle
Renee
Hey, you asked for suggestions. :<} Love Bailey!!! Awww....
Except with Ann(e) she would be BAT, not sure about that.... :<} Bailey Ann(e) is really pretty though and neat with the common middle names.
Hey we should get together for lunch one day since we're both in Staunton.
Post a Comment