Well, I am locked in the office right now (don't worry, not literally) while my husband makes a presentation for one of his classes, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to blog.
Recap of the past week:
Wednesday - Dad was released from the hospital. Staying with Mom and Ashley now. He is doing okay. He can get around by himself, slowly, with the walker, but he gets worn out quickly. He goes back to the doctor on Friday so hopefully there will be some progress there.
Saturday - We went to Charlottesville and ate lunch at the Wood Grill. Yummy. I love buffets because unlike most restaurants, you can have lots of different options. You don't have to have a lot of one thing, you can get a little bit of a lots of things! I was stuffed and the food was excellent.
Then we went to Babies R Us to look for a crib. We were there for a long time and I was really discouraged actually, at the selection they had. They had one lower end white Jenny Lind crib that I considered, but it just looked cheap and didn't feel very sturdy. Anthony wanted a wood color crib and I wanted a white so we went back and forth over that for a while but he got so tired of being there, he didn't care anymore. :) That Jenny Lind crib was the only one in the $100 - $200 price range and everything else was above, and far above that. I had no intentions of spending that much on a crib! So anyways, I finally decided on this really nice white colored Jardine crib that was $220. It was more than I wanted to spend, but it was really beautiful and sturdy, so we were going to get it.
So I asked the girl did they have any of them in stock. She looks it up on her computer.... nope, none in stock, but they can order it for me and have it in 7-10 days.... okay!..... come sit down while we place the order..... oh wait...... there are none in the warehouse.... and we can't get one on order. Oh. So basically they had a crib on display that you CANNOT buy. Probably not for months. They don't even have it on their website. If I was thinking straight, and not on the verge of tears, and I did cry mind you (they shouldn't tease pregnant women like this!) then I would have asked if they would sell the floor model. But the only thing with that was, something was not put together correctly on it because the side would not go down. I thought about calling them back and asking if they would sell the floor model for a nice discount, and I still haven't totally dismissed the thought, but I may just stick with what we ended up getting. Any thoughts? I wish I had a picture of it to show.
So what we did end up doing, after my tears were dried, was going to Target and looking there, again. And we bought a crib. I don't like it as much as I did the cursed crib at Babies R Us, but I do like it, and I think it fits in with the other furniture we have. Really, having the perfect, ideal "nusery" is not very important to me. The baby won't care what the room looks like anyways, so as long as it is functional and at least a little cute, I'm happy. :)
I also put together our stroller/travel system on Saturday so that was fun.
That's about all the excitement in our lives in the past week. I know there have been other things I wanted to blog about, but I store them in my brain and then they get lost somewhere.
Tyson is set to have surgery on Thursday to remove the remaining tumor from his brain. They are expecting it to be a pretty easy surgery compared to last time. And hopefully after this, he will be tumor free and they will finish the 3 remaining chemos just to make sure there are not leftover cancer cells or anything. God has definitely been providing and doing miracles for this family, but please remember to pray for them on Thursday. I think the surgery is supposed to be around noon or 1pm.
Now I think I will go eat some cookies with my hubby. :) Life is good.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the crib!! It's beautiful. Bailey will love it. :<}
The crib is beautiful! Baby Bailey will LOVE it and sleep great in it hopefully. :)
Post a Comment