It has been a good day so far, and it's still not over yet! Anthony got up around 6:15 this morning because he had to be at school at 7:00 to proctor SAT's. I woke up too, but ended up going back to sleep until 9:15! So then I got myself out of bed and got ready for the day. I had loaded up all the new computer/new crib trash in my Jeep last night and then this morning I gathered up the regular trash and I took all that to the dump. The dump is only probably about 2 miles from us, so that makes it nice so we don't have to pay for someone else to take our trash, we just take it ourselves. This is a good money saving tip.
After the dump, I went to Wal-Mart and TOOK MY TIME. :) Don't get me wrong, I love having my husband with me when I go grocery shopping. He is so efficient and quick about it. I have a hard time keeping up with him sometimes, and he is the one checking off the list. But sometimes it's nice just to be able to take my time and go look at other things that are not groceries. It was especially nice since it wasn't too packed yet, since it was still morning. Random comment - the check out lady who I had was super fast. I think she set a record. I was impressed.
After Wal-Mart, I ran to the library to take back some books I had checked out for my dad. I tried to find him some other books he wanted, but they didn't have them, go figure.
Then I came home and put my groceries away. Then I dove right in to cleaning the bathroom. (Still no husband home yet.) Oh that's not completely true. I tried out the Sundried Tomato & Basil Wheat Thins I bought. Very yummy. I recommend them. After I finished my snack/lunch I got the bathroom knocked out pretty quickly.
Then I proceeded to begin vacuuming (since it's not like I skipped doing last weekend, no way, not me). I got about half of our bedroom done when hubby pulled up in the driveway! So I knew he was home, but he still managed to scare me when he came in the bedroom. Well, of course I had to stop to give him a hug to help him recover from his 6 hours of the type of boredom that will nearly kill you. And then he laid down in bed, and I couldn't stand to see him there alone, so I just had to cuddle up to him. And that, my friends, led to a nap. That was great, since he doesn't get to do that very much these days. We got up about 3 something and he started on schoolwork while I finished the vacuuming.
Now he is still doing schoolwork, and I'm killing time till we go out to eat for dinner. Not sure where we will go yet. Maybe T-Bone Jack's, Applebees, or there is this new Mexican place called Fried Beans that I would like to try. I can't find anything about them on the Internet though, so I don't know how it will be. It's just in a little strip mall, so I'm kind of thinking they might not be around for long. But maybe I am wrong.
Tomorrow is Homecoming at church! One of my favorite Sundays of the year. I am making Pineapple Cheese Casserole. I know it sounds strange, but I promise it is delish. I first tasted it when I was at Shelburne, and my good friend Fred made it to bring to one of our potlucks. It is one of my favorite potluck dishes ever since then. Anthony loves it too, so that is a plus.
Now, I think I'm going to try to convince Anthony we need to go eat now, since he must be famished since he didn't eat any lunch!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ooohh you made me hungry! that pineapple cheese casserole *IS* yumm-o!
I'm glad you got to take a nap. :<} And you were the Pineapple Casserole person! It was GREAT!! I thought it was potatoes, but I was pleasantly surprised when I bit into it. John Parker liked it too!
I want the recipe for the casserole! And I like hearing ordinary days. Just think- you won't have them for much longer... there will be a baby to feed, diaper, play with, and love!! Laura
Post a Comment