Today was kind of a fun day. I got to leave work at 3:00 so that is always fun. The purpose for that was to attend Anthony's open enrollment meeting for insurance. They are changing the dental insurance from Delta to Guardian. I'm actually a little familiar with Guardian because that is what we had at my work during 2007 (I never was a member, but I am basically the insurance administrator, so I deal with the companies). Turns out this is actually better insurance than Delta, and CHEAPER. So that's some good news.
I also had a lot of questions about our insurance because we were hoping to switch to the cheaper plan that has the deductible and trying to figure out how/when to work this out with a baby on the way. So my questions got answered, and I'm mostly happy with the answers, but some new questions were created. The billing lady at The Women's Center (my ob/gyn) told me that the only thing we would have to pay was $50 at the time of delivery. But that is not the case according to the literature we received today. So I'm wondering where the billing lady got her information from, but I have an appointment on Thursday so I plan on finding out. So here's the thing.... we will remain on the plan we are on now until January 1, which has better coverage for in-hospital stays, so the only thing is, in order to avoid paying the deductible AND the higher percentage on the hospital stay, Bailey needs to come by December 31st.
SOO.... I am asking that you would pray that she would be born by then. I really hadn't been worried about that, and still feel like she'll be here by then, but it just makes me a little nervous since 1 day (December 31st to January 1st) could mean a difference of more than $1000 for us. :/ So please pray for that if you remember. I plan on asking about how long they will let me go overdue at my appointment on Thursday as well. I'm sure it varies depending on the doctor, health, etc. but anyone have any input on that?
After the meeting we ran to Taco Bell to get a free taco for each of us. Thanks to whomever stole a base in the world series. :) And I feel good about myself cause we only got the free tacos, and that's it. Because I'm sure they rationalize giving away free tacos by saying that people will come for that and then go ahead and buy more for dinner since 1 taco is not enough for a meal. So they probably end up making more money than what they would have if they did not have the free taco offer. Well, I beat the system. Taco Bell made no money off of me today. :) We got our free tacos, and made dinner at home. Good job me. I'll try not to strain my arm as I pat myself on the back. :)
Well, I think I am going to go clip some coupons now and maybe watch Jeopardy in a few minutes. Later this evening, a date with House and some yummy frozen coffee made special by my hubby.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
In regards to the induce topic... it really will depend on what your insurance allows. There has to be reasonable cause if you do it before a certain amount of weeks. I think they had told me they couldn't induce for no really good reason before 39 weeks. After 40 weeks it was fair game for me. I am sure that Bailey will be here by then though. And I'm sure if you explained the financial situation to your doctor's office they would be willing to induce if necessary. It will work out though!
The longest my OB's office would make you go past due date (if there were no complications) before induction was 1 week. But my OB's are pretty liberal (is that the right word for the medical world?) and would most likely induce prior to due date if you complained you were miserable, baby was good, and insurance would allow it. I can't believe there are docs that still make you wait 2 weeks after due date! That is NUTS!
Post a Comment