Sunday, January 25, 2009

Funny Zoe

Today, like every Sunday, we went to Mom's after church for the afternoon. Well Zoe said some really funny things today that I wanted to share.

First, she is obsessed with the cats, Jaq and Gus. Remember the little Elmira girl from that cartoon, who always carried the cat around and loved/tortured it? Well, that is Zoe. She picks up the cats, who are nearly as tall as her when she is holding them up under their front legs, and drags them into the bathroom, and has been known to "wash" them in the tub, and do other "loving" things to them. Well yesterday I guess Gus got fed up with her and bit her on the arm. So we were talking about it today and she went over to him as he was laying in the chair and started patting his head, making it bob up and down. She proceeds to say, "look! He looks like a bobblehead!". Haha! I didn't know 4 year olds knew what bobbleheads were!

On Sundays Anthony ususally has planning, grading, or his own homework to work on, so he goes downstairs away from everyone so he can work in peace. Well, sometimes Zoe goes down there, because she loves him to death, but I tell her not to bother him. Well, I guess I had asked Anthony if she was bothering him and if she did to yell for me and I would make her come upstairs. And he usually says "she's fine" if he is not being bothered. She has picked up on this and today asked him, "Anthony, am I fine?" when she heard me talking to him about it!

And I saved the best for last. We were eating lunch at the table and Bailey was sleeping in her carrier over on the couch. She started to fuss a little bit and Zoe says, matter-of-factly, "Tara..... Child" to alert me that my child needed attention! Haha! It was so funny.

I love all the funny things she says!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! :<} I can hear her now, "Ummm that baby is making NOISE! Somebody get it!" Zoe is so cute. And so is Miss Bailey!! John Parker told Phil he saw "Baby Bay-wee."

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

Is Zoe liking Bailey so far?