Tuesday, March 10, 2009

2 Month Well Visit

I took Bailey for her 2 month well visit at the doctor's office today. He said she looks really good and he is happy with her development. Today is her Aunt Ashley's 22nd birthday, and since she had surgery on Friday, she is off work this week, so she went with us for moral support since Bailey had shots. It's a good thing, cause I cried like a baby, more than Bailey did. It SO broke my heart when she let out that painful scream. I have never heard her cry like that and it was awful. I was crying before they even stuck her.... when they said "okay, Mommy, we need you to hold her arms" that's when the tears started dropping! :( But she didn't cry for long, like I said, I cried longer and more than she did. I nursed her before we left and she has been sleeping ever since. I plan on giving her tylenol when she wakes up and hopefully we don't have any bad side effects. Anyways, here's her stats:

Weight: 13 pounds 8 ounces: 94th percentile
Length: 22 3/4 inches: 44th percentile
Head Circumference: 16 inches: 80th percentile

So she is short and fat, haha! I'm so glad to have a healthy baby, even if she is a chubster. :)

Also, the most exciting news, is that she rolled over for the first time while we were at the office! I had put her up on the table, while we were waiting for the doctor, so she could show Ashley how she could prop herself up on her arms now. Well, lo and behold, I put her up there and she just rolled right over onto her back! It was funny because when I laid her on her tummy last night, that was the first time that she really kept herself propped up on her arms, and I said to Anthony that she would be rolling over soon since she could do that. I can't believe she is doing so well with that, because I don't lay her on her tummy everyday, and I know I should, but apparently she is super strong, despite my lack of discipline! I am going to try to get a video of her rolling over after she wakes up, so maybe I can have that to post tonight.

After the appointment we went to McDonald's and treated Ashley to lunch since it is her birthday. It was nice to spend some time with her. Happy birthday Ash!

Now I'm off to get some things done while my little angel is sleeping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am TOTALLY with you on crying at their first shots- I cried FAR longer than John Parker did. (And Mom was with me, and made fun of me.) It gets easier, until they turn about 1 and figure the whole thing out. :<} Although I still stay he was more upset over the betrayal of the nurses than the actual pain of the shots.

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

dang! she's higher on the percentile scale than Lily was! Go bailey! I actually did a lot better with Lily getting shots than I thought I was going to. It gets easier and I'm sure Bailey will do fine with them. I should have told you before you went, I learned my lesson the first time. The nurses told me after her first shots that in the future I could give her tylenol or motrin before we came for her shots so she already had it in her system.

Laura said...

HEY don't diss us short and chunky kids- we are more fun to hug! Glad the appointment went well... well at least for Bailey (sorry it wasn't much fun for you). I'll give you a hug next time I see you for being such a brave mommy! Bailey is such a beautiful baby!