Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hospital & Funeral

Well I have slacked off this past week! It's been a busy one. Monday my dad had surgery to remove the hardware from his leg from when he broke his femur/hip. He has been in pain, pretty bad pain sometimes, ever since he broke it and had the original surgery in September. He still has not been back to work yet and is on disability, so he needed to do something about it. The doctor said that some people's bodies just don't accept the hardware for whatever reason. But after this surgery on Monday he said that everything looks healed and there is no infection, so hopefully just having the hardware removed will take care of the pain. He got to go home the same day, so it ended up just being outpatient surgery. I know he is anxious to be back to normal, so pray that this would take care of the pain.

Then yesterday (Friday) Ashley had surgery on her wrist to remove a ganglion cyst. It was outpatient also. She was really funny when she was in recovery, while she still had some of the "happy juice" in her system. :)

So Bailey and I spent 2 days this week at the hospital. On Wednesday, we went to the funeral for Colton (in case you had not seen on his caringbridge site, he passed away on Feb. 28th). It was so sad, and I just cannot begin to imagine being in Derek & Malisa's shoes. The casket was SO tiny, and Derek himself carried it out when the funeral was over. I also ended up going to the graveside prayer after the funeral, and the thing that struck me there, was how difficult it would be for them to drive away from that cemetery. Even though he was just a lifeless body, his soul now in heaven, I can't imagine the pain of having to leave him there. I've just had so many thoughts floating around in my head since this whole thing started. You hear about people losing babies every now and then, but I've never had one of my own friends go through this. It hits close to home and makes me wonder why God allowed them to go through this journey. Why not me? What's the difference? It's brought to my attention how easily something like that could happen to me, and has given me a new appreciation for my healthy baby. I've often heard and realize that God gives grace as it is needed, so I can never imagine how they are getting through this, since God has not given me grace for something such as that. I am just so extremely thankful for little Bailey.

Well I need to make good use of my time now, so I'm going to go do some yucky housework!

No comments: