Okay, here's the scoop on our doctor visit yesterday.
She is 16 pounds 15 ounces - 90 to 95 percentile
24 inches long - 25 to 50 percentile
16 3/4 inches head circumference - 75 to 90 percentile
Still fat and short, haha. But she is very healthy, everything looked good he said. She got two shots, and I cried way more than she did. She only cried when the nurse was actually sticking her, then she was done crying. I thought I might be able to make it without crying this time, but no such luck. Maybe next time, since it was so easy for HER this time. :)
I also told Dr. Gunther how she has been waking up about every 2 hours (or less) at nights for about the past 3 weeks. He said I could try cereal before bedtime, and to just let her cry till she gets to 3 hours, which is about how often she eats during the day.
Soooo, last night she slept 3 hours and 15 minutes in her first stretch, then I nursed her and tried to lay her down 3 times and she woke up each time. So I let her cry. And cry and cry and cry. From 1:45 till after 4:00. Towards the end of the time she finally found her fingers to suck on, but she still cried. I got her up at that time since it had been 3 hours and put her in bed with me just so we both could sleep.
I'm not even sure what to do now. I think I'll keep trying for a week probably but who knows if I'll actually make it that long. It's really frustrating and I wish there was just one concrete, right answer that I knew would work.
But in happy news, she rolled from her back to belly for the first time this morning!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment