Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekend and Summer Plans

I am trying to remember what we did this weekend... it was obviously eventful, right??

Let's see... Friday evening we rented Twilight and watched that, since I finished the book last week. I am addicted for sure. The book was definitely better than the movie, however. I am on the second book now, and enjoying that one even more than the first. If I didn't have a baby to tend to, I'm sure I'd have this book done already!

Saturday, Anthony did school work and I got some things done around the house. I'm proud of myself for my increasing productivity with a baby around now. It was SO hard at first to get anything done. My bathroom did not get cleaned for 5, count them, 5, weeks after she was born! Disgusting to think what nasty germs were festering in there.... oh well. Anyways, she is getting more independent, therfore, it is getting easier to get things done around the house. Finally. Then Saturday evening, we ate dinner at T-Bone Jack's. Yum. I had chicken tenders, and I just have to say I love their ranch dressing. I don't know what kind it is, but I need to find out, so I can buy that kind.

Sunday was church and Mom's for lunch. Then Mom, Ashley, Ashley's friend Jen, and I went to play Vera Bradly/Longaberger bingo. None of us won any bingos, but Ashley won the big raffle prize, which was a Longaberger Blanket Basket (valued at $184, just the basket by itself!) filled with all kinds of bath and body works type stuff. And she only paid $20 for raffle tickets, so she won out big time. We always have a good time when we play bingo, even if we don't win. Oh, and Anthony kept Bailey and Zoe, so we got to have just adult time, with no kiddies around. What a great hubby I have! When we got home, I asked him if that was a good exercise in birth control for him! Haha. He said Bailey is easy compared to Zoe. She just loves to play with him and he is so great with her. I know he will love it when Bailey is a little older and can play with him like Zoe does.

And I just want to say how excited I am for this summer. After 3 years of teaching, Anthony is basically taking a summer off! He will be working with the summer school type thing that Waynesboro is doing, but that will only require 4 hours, one day a week for him. So I will probably end up working 2 days a week, at least that's what I'm hoping for. So that will give us 4 days a week to be all together. I am hoping to plan the days I work around the days Mom is working, so we can go to the park, the pool, the library, and whatever other fun things might come up. I am just SO excited to have Anthony home and I can barely wait for summer to get here. I know I am going to get spoiled and will be so sad when school rolls back around in August.

No comments: