Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Swingset & Trampoline

So we had been looking around for a while, wanting to get a swingset for Bailey and Zoe to play on in our yard. Of course Bailey is too little to really play, but I did want a place to put a baby swing for her. Since Anthony has had a major break this summer, we thought this would be the time to do it, if he was going to work on it himself. At first we were looking at Lowe's and places like that, and Anthony was doing a lot of comparing online. But then he got the bright idea to look on Craigslist for a swingset. So we started doing that, but it proved more difficult than we thought it would be, because the swingsets get snatched up really quickly on there. There was one or two that he inquired about on the same day they were listed, but they were already taken by the time he emailed.

Finally though, we found one for sale in Ivy, which is next to Charlottesville. Turned out, they were also selling a trampoline with the swingset. So Anthony got right on it, contacting the person selling it. We went to look at it the Wednesday before last (after a little trouble finding the place because of bad directions!) and we both really liked the set, so we decided to buy it! The people who were actually selling it have moved to California, so one of their friends, who is helping them with selling some of their stuff, met us at the house that night and we paid her and made plans to come pick it up on Friday.

So Friday, we rented a U-Haul, and Anthony went over there, by himself, to load it all up and bring it home. Let me tell you, I have SOME husband! There are some seriously big and heavy pieces to this swingset, and he wanted to break it down the least amount as possible, so it was easier to get back together. This house had a pretty serious hill in the backyard (making the backyard pretty much unusable except at the bottom where the swingset was) so he couldn't pull the truck down the hill, so it had to sit at the top in the driveway, and he had to carry/drag all the pieces up the hill.

When I talked to him early that afternoon he said he was thirsty. Neither of us had thought for him to bring water along, duh! So I felt like it was pretty important that he had some water, so I drove the 40 minutes over there to bring him some (the water at the house was shut off). And it's a good thing I did. I'm pretty sure he was close to delirious when I got there, and he probably would've needed a hospital visit to be rehydrated if I hadn't come. Anyways, all that to say, my husband is incredible! When he got the truck home, my mom and dad came to help unload it and we were all beyond shocked that he had gotten all of that into the truck by himself.

So anyways, here are the first pictures I took of the stuff. We got the trampoline put up the first night we had it, and the swingset is done now, but I haven't taken pics of that yet. Will get those up shortly. And in the last picture, which was not really taken to see the trampoline, you can see a deer that was in our yard the other morning! We had two that cut through our yard while grazing on their way back to the woods. :)





































No comments: