Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend & Harry Potter

About this time 7 months ago I was recovering from my c-section, about to hold my baby girl for the first time. I cannot believe she is 7 months already. I have to admit, those first few months were rough, but she is getting easier and more fun all the time. I find myself looking forward to all the things we will be able to do with her as she gets older. I think that I always thought I would be so sad when the "baby baby" days were over, and I do miss how little she was, but it is just so much fun to experience new things with her as she gets older and be able to watch her learn more about the world. I am certain we have some fun days ahead of us. :)

We had a good weekend. It has been so wonderful for us all 3 to be home on Fridays. It always feels like Saturday on Friday, so we get an extended weekend. :) On Friday we went out to eat for lunch and made an expensive stop at Lowe's. We got Bailey a swing and a new storage thing for her toys in the living room (which I love by the way, pictures still to come). Saturday we went to a wedding (Paige & Stephen) which was lovely, and defintely had the best father speech I've ever heard (way to go Bo!). Sunday was church, Mom's, and then instead of regular Sunday night church, we had a picnic at Sherando Lake and baptism in the lake. It was a lot of fun and I hope we can make that an annual thing.

Then today Bailey, Mom, Zoe, and I went to the park and then to a couple of stores and then back to Mom's. Zoe and Bailey played in the sprinkler, which Bailey had a really good time with. She loves to play in water. Then when Anthony finished with school for the day, he came over to Mom's, and Mom watched Bailey for us while we went and watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and then ate dinner at Chili's. I liked the movie, of course (can't wait for the final movie(s)) and it was nice to have some "adult only" time.

On Saturday we are headed to Baltimore for a Red Sox game on Sunday. I am really looking forward to our little overnight vacation. Hopefully Bailey will do well with it.

No comments: