Friday, November 6, 2009

Fun Friday (a little late) & Catch Up

A few weeks ago we went to the pumpkin patch. We got a few pumpkins and got to take a horse carriage thing type ride to the patch which was a lot of fun. Though I can't wait till next year when Bailey can really enjoy herself and know what we are doing at the pumpkin patch. Here are a couple of pics...








Then two weeks ago on Friday we ventured out and met Ashley and James at Target. I wanted to go just to see if I could find any deals, and just for something to do. Well am I sure glad I went! I found two cute little pairs of striped leggings (red & white, dark blue & light blue) for Bailey to wear. I have been wanting to get her some because she needs something to keep her legs warm when she wears dresses and I am not a big fan of tights.

Also, they had Pampers Cruisers size 3 diapers on clearance for $14.48 and I had a couple of coupons so I got Pampers for 12 cents a diaper!!!

After Target we went to Petsmart which is always a fun, free activity! Then I stopped in Bed Bath and Beyond because I have been wanting a little hook thing to hang by our back door to hang keys on. So I got one of those there and also found a cell phone charging station on the clearance shelf that I got. I was excited about that because I have been wanting one of those! I used my gift card and only had to pay 35 cents out of my pocket. :)

Finally we went to Kroger and I got some great deals there! I have a picture of my purchases but I haven't uploaded it yet and it's been too long now so I can't remember what all I got, so I'll just let it suffice to say that Kroger has really been paying off for me lately! I love their Buy 10 Get $5 off sale.

My absolute best deal lately that I can remember right now was cans of Hormel chili w/ beans for 12 cents a can! We make a meal out of baked potatoes with this chili on them and we actually ate that last night (and it was so yummy!). So I want to see if I can try to break down how much this meal actually cost me. It was me, Anthony, and my Dad eating, so here we go....

4 Potatoes - 40 cents
Can of Chili - 12 cents
Cheese - 50 cents (at the max)
Butter - let's go with 5 cents (haha)
Sour Cream - 50 cents
Steam Fresh Lightly Sauced Brocolli - 50 cents

$2.07 to feed 3 people!!! It can't get much better than that. :)

Well, Bailey and I are just staying at home today. I feel like we've been running around a lot this week so we're just chilling today. Then later this evening I am going to go play Bunco! I think it has been before Bailey was born that I last played, so I'm really excited about it.

Then tomorrow we are headed to Lynchburg for the Awana conference. Bailey is going to go with us and stay with her Auntie Vicky for the day! Then after the conference is over we are going to have dinner at Tokyo (yummmm) and hopefully see some friends. We are ready for a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute little pumpkins! :<}

What happened to Meal Plan Monday?? We haven't eaten in weeks!! We're starving! :<} Hahaha

The Tylers said...

Haha, so sorry! I don't know why I've been slacking on blogging lately. I'll try to get back on it this coming week. :)

Jennifer Spinks said...

mmmm....Tokyo! I LOVE that place! I haven't been there since I left liberty though. Have fun!