Monday, December 14, 2009

Busy Weekend

Well, here we are, week before Christmas! I can't believe how fast time seems to fly now. I just read, maybe on facebook, today where someone said "The days are long, but the years are short". How true that is.

I had a super busy weekend. Friday I was babysitting Marcy's girls all day. While Bailey took her morning nap, Elli, Karly, and I made cookies. :) We had a fun day together, but wow, is 3 little girls so much more work than one little girl! I am exhausted when I leave there.

After babysitting I headed straight to church for our Trek Christmas Party. We had a good turnout and there was lots of yummy food and fun. I stayed there till close to 8, when I headed to Mom's so I could get Bailey to bed. The two of us stayed over at Mom's on Friday night because I had to be to the church at 8:00 am to supervise detention.

So detention was from 8:00 to 1:00.... ugh. I really don't enjoy doing it too much, but it's a good way for me to make a little money, so I do it anyways! It's a good reminder of why I quit teaching! Haha. Whenever I start to miss it, I just need to hang out with some pre-teens/teenagers for a little while! :)

After detention, I headed back to Mom's to grab some lunch and get Bailey. We had a couple of down time hours at home and then Saturday evening, Mom, Ashley, James, and Zoe came over and brought pizza and the Wii. So we ate, played, and had fun!

Sunday was church of course. Then lunch at Mom's. After lunch Mom's SS class had their Christmas Party/gift exchange, which they invite anyone to, so Ashley and I went as well. Then at 5:00 we went to the Christmas get-together for the SS class which we would attend if we didn't help in youth group on Sunday mornings. We ate at Massaki.. yum!

Whew! I am tired just from talking about my busy weekend. I have a couple things planned for this week but also planning to do some baking, hopefully cleaning (if I can get motivated), and just hanging out at home with Bailey. I think I'm mostly done with my Christmas shopping, now I just need to get wrapping.

No comments: