Sunday, December 27, 2009

One Year Old

Dear Bailey Anne,

How is it possible that we are here, one year from the moment you took your first breath and forever changed our lives by entering this world?



I anticipated your arrival for so long, and sometimes, even now, I wish I could go back and replay the entire day of your birth, pain and all! Somehow, the intensity of the pain, the nervousness about having a c-section, and the sheer exhaustion from laboring for 18 hours have all diminished in my mind.



But the sound of your first cry, the tear of joy that ran down my cheek, and the feeling of a tiny baby cradled in my arms are forever imprinted in my mind.



I naively had no clue what I was getting myself into when I had you. The first days and weeks were hard, but my heart just overflowed with love for you. I never knew love like this until I had you. You, Bailey, I would give my very life for.



You have grown and changed so much over the past year. I see you becoming a beautiful, happy, obedient, charming, loving, wonderful little person. I could not have picked a child more perfectly suited to myself. You have taught me so much about life, patience, and unconditional love. You have most definitely changed my life for the better.
I am so glad that God chose you for our family. I love you, Bailey Anne.
Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww that was really sweet! Happy Birthday, Miss Bailey! And by the way, biased or not, her mommy is right- she is one of the best babies in the world.