Tuesday, January 19, 2010

She Looks Just Like You

I have been given the comment twice now in the past couple weeks that Bailey "looks just like" me. Now, I have to admit, that I'm not exactly sure what is the appropriate way to respond to the comment.



My automatic response is to say "thank you". But maybe that's not right. Maybe they really think I am not so attractive and are feeling sorry for poor little Bailey.

I have also wanted to say "Well, really, most people we know say she looks more like her daddy, and you'd probably agree if you saw him", but I'm sure they don't care about it for me to go into it that much.



So, what would you say if someone made this comment to you? I guess, for now, I'll just say "Umm, thank you?".

Whatever the right answer is, I sure hope I don't have the snot running out of my nose like poor Bailey. :)

2 comments:

Jennifer Spinks said...

I've gotten that a couple times with Caleb (not many though since he looks just like his daddy). I think the correct response is thank you. I usually just take it as a compliment since they are always saying how cute he is...I am sure they say that with Bailey too :)

Anonymous said...

It's hard to know what to say. People say John Parker looks like Phil, but it's just the hair. If you compare him to pictures of me at that age, he's more me.
But anyway, you and Bailey are both adorable, so take it as a compliment. :<}