Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I know I am a little late, but I had to include the "Happy Father's Day" post to brag on my husband and father of my children for a moment.

I was in the preschool class during church yesterday, but Anthony told me that Pastor Don said that according to a survey, the typical father of a toddler spends 2 1/2 minutes with his toddler each day. I am so happy to say that Bailey's daddy spends much more time than that with her each day. He is a a great dad. Here are just a few of the reasons why...

*When he comes home from working, it is always a priority for them to have a BIG hug.

*He is always coming up with fun little sayings for them to dialogue with each other... the most recent being "I love you to the moon/I love you to the stars/I love you to the sun". It's so much fun to hear her say these things.

*He is a good disciplinarian. Since I spend most of the time with Bailey, I would say that I do most of the disciplining, however, he is always keeping me in check, making sure that I don't let her go to far, or get away with something I shouldn't be. So even when I don't agree with something he is saying, I appreciate him being the leader and making sure his girl stays on track.

















*He horseplays on our bed with her/plays "hide from mommy" under the sheets, always messing up the bed, which of course drives Mommy nuts, but is definitely okay for Daddy to get away with. :)

*He is always trying to think of things that would be fun for her. I think that men are, in general, probably more in touch with their "inner child" than women are, so he's really good at remembering what would be fun for Bailey. Even if we can't afford them or they are not realistic for us right now, I like it that he is thinking this way. (ie, a pool, a bigger swingset, etc.)

*She loves to build with blocks and he builds the coolest things with her.... does a way better job than Mommy!





















*Maybe most important of all is the example he is setting. He is a wonderful husband, in how he provides for his family as well as how he leads us and shows his love for us. He is setting the bar pretty high as to the kind of husband Bailey will need to look for.



I can't imagine a better husband for me or father for our children. We love you Anthony!

No comments: