Woohoo! What a great weekend this has been! On Friday after work, Anthony and I headed to Williamsburg. We got to our hotel around 8:30, got some dinner, got a little lost, found our way back, ate our dinner, and just chilled and watched TV. Saturday morning we got up and headed to Colonial Williamsburg around 9:30 and we stayed till around 2:30. We saw lots of cool stuff, ate at one of their taverns, in the cellar, and had a really enjoyable time. There are a few pictures below. Then Sunday we went to the Prime Outlets in Williamsburg and shopped a little bit. After that we headed home and got home around 3:45ish. Well we pulled in the driveway to find a swarm (and by swarm I do mean hundereds, layers and layers) of bees settled on the back of our mailbox. I have never in my life seen anything like that. Well I headed out to the store to get some groceries and some wasp/bee spray. When I got back, apparently the "bee meeting" had been dismissed, because the swarm was no longer congregated on the mailbox, although there were still plenty buzzing around the area. So at sundown, Anthony took his brave little self out there and sprayed them to death. We haven't seen any hanging around there since, so hopefully they got the message. :)
Then today we hung around the house, cleaned up a little, did some laundry, were lazy, etc. This afternoon Mom, Ashley, Zoe and Kevin came over for a cookout. We had some good food, threw the frisbee around in the backyard, and played Catch Phrase and Uno. It was a lot of fun, and I think we should do that more often!
Here are some pictures....
This is actually from a few week ago when we kept Zoe for the day. I just thought it was cute. Anthony was working on his computer and Zoe had cartoons on, and she just plopped down beside him and cuddled up to him. :)

Anthony in front of the courthouse in Colonial Williamsburg.

Anthony and I in front of the church.

Our hotel room. It was actually a Quality Inn, but had kind of a "colonial" feel to it. Those are peacocks on the wallpaper. It was only about 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg.

It has been an excellent weekend and I am glad we get a short week! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment