Sunday, November 16, 2008

34 Week Checkup

Went to the doctor's on Thursday for my 34 week appointment. I saw Dr. Bendfeldt who I definitely like, and is easy on the eyes as well. :) They didn't mention anything about protein in my urine like last time, so I assume that went away which is good. I have gained 18 pounds now... ugh. But I'm hoping it's not really that much, maybe more like 16, because my appointment two weeks ago was first thing in the morning, and this one was the last appointment of the day, and I always weigh more in the afternoon than I do in the morning, so I guess I should really be weighed at the same time of day for my weight check to be accurate. Oh well. 18 pounds is still not that bad. I have every intention of exercising on a regular basis again once I am staying home, so I will make up for it then!

Blood pressure was good, 120 over something I can't remember, haha. But she said is was great. Baby's heartbeat was in the 140 to 150's range, and my uterus measured at 35 cm.

This week (on Thursday) I will go for my next appointment, at which they will do a swab for Group B Strep and if I have that I will have to take antibiotics once I am in labor so the baby does not get it. It's something normal that pretty much everyone is exposed to and usually has at some point or the other, but we don't even notice it since our bodies have immunities, but babies would not be immune to that, so it's just a precaution they take. And starting at this appointment they will be checking my cervix every time now. Can't wait for that. (Please note the sarcasm). :)

I can't believe it's only 5 weeks, 35 days till my due date now. I'm still having Braxton Hicks and last night they were actually more intense than they have been, so I guess that is a good sign. I need to take another belly picture and get it up here, but everytime I remember, I am wearing bum-type clothes! Hopefully I will remember this week.

Now, I'm off to do some relaxing!

No comments: