Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Game Night, Baby Shower, Child Birth Class

Where to start! Well, I last blogged on Saturday. We ended up going to Jeremy & Summer's house for game night with the youth group. It was a lot of fun. And there was lots of good food. :) And let me tell you, I can still play a mean game of spoons, even during my eighth month of pregnancy! We also played Apples to Apples which I love. We don't get to play games much anymore these days, so it was a great time. Hopefully, after Tyson's chemo is done, Jeremy & Summer will be able to do more of that type of thing. And remember Tyson in your prayers - he starts his final round of chemo this weekend!



Sunday was church of course, and to Mom's for lunch. I had a great afternoon with Zoe. After lunch we cuddled up on the couch and watched Milo & Otis. Well, she watched, I slept for most of it! But I love those rare moments when she wants to cuddle with me since they are far and few between these days. After the movie/nap, we colored and cut out things to hang on her door. I am not a good artist. She asked me to make water so she could put some fish on it, and she said "that's not water, that's toes!". Haha! So I redid it a little differently and that was acceptable according to her standards. :) I can't believe she will be 4 in less than a week!



Oh and a funny story about her. Ashley told me that when she told Zoe they were going to go to a baby shower for Tara and Bailey, Zoe told her that babies don't take showers, they take baths, and she was thinking they might should get a baby bathtub for us! Haha. I love that kid!



Sunday night after church was my baby shower! Well, before I get that far, I should add that while we are sitting in church Sunday evening, someone comes and sits behind us. I glance behind me to see who it is, and it's Anthony's parents!!! They had talked about coming up for the weekend so they could come to the shower, but it just wasn't going to work out since the shower was a Sunday evening. Well, they decided last minute that they wanted to make the trip, and they did, just for the shower and then turned around and drove home since they had to work the next morning! I was shocked but so thankful to have Anthony's mom there for the shower. Thanks for coming! :)



So on to the shower... it was great! Most of you know my good friend Laura Williams. Her mom was in charge of the shower and she did an excellent job (with the help of her amazing daughters and Chris Moran of course!). I got so much great stuff. I had told Lois (Laura's mom) that we didn't need any clothes since we have all Zoe's clothes. So she put that on the flyer she made and that definitely made a difference! I did get a few clothes, and not saying at all that I don't love those, but it was really great because we really got things we NEEDED. There was hardly anything we didn't need.



And a side note to the shower..... let me just say, if you are going to regift, you should at least get rid of the evidence of such. I have nothing against regifting, I do it myself. I'm all about regifting really, as long as it is practical for the person you are giving it to. But you should cover your tracks so the person receiving the gift, does not know you regifted. :) I will protect the innocent by not naming the person nor the gift. The person doesn't even read my blog, I am pretty certain. But I got a good laugh out of it on Sunday night when I was showing my gifts to Anthony.



I had childbirth class last night and Mom went with me. It was mostly about the stages of labor, pain relief methods, and relaxation techniques. Interesing stuff. It was probably good Anthony couldn't go, because he would have been laughing half the time. :)



And now, I am home alone for now, since Anthony has parent conferences till 7:00. I need to get on my mission of figuring out what to have for dinner. And since he is not home yet, I am attempting to make myself some frozen coffee. He always makes it for me. Hopefully I don't have Bailey bouncing too much tonight. :) Maybe you could come make it for me, Amanda? She was my coffee maker (and the one who introduced me) before my old lady married days. Well, I better get busy.



And thank you to all those who have served our country or have family who have sacrificed for the greater good... you are appreciated!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ok, you keep talking about this frozen coffee and I need to know how it works, because it sounds delicious. Everytime you say you had frozen coffee, my mouth waters, my adrenaline starts pumping and I WANT SOME! Please post the instructions on how to make it! Hahah! The whole regifting thing... I have to admit the outfit I got you was actually one I had bought for Courtney when pregnant with John Parker (hoping he'd be a girl). I promise it sat in a clean box for 2 years:-) I just had to wait for the perfect little girl to give it to! Fun post!

The Tylers said...

The frozen coffee is just regular coffee (with plenty of sugar and creamer added) put in the freezer for a couple hours before you drink it. Usually enough for the top to freeze over a little and maybe a little inside, but not totally frozen. Delish!