Thursday, November 20, 2008

35 Week Checkup

I went today for my 35 week appointment. I actually did not gain any weight this past week, hooray! I'm not sure how I managed that seeing as I think I have eaten near the equivalent of an entire cake with the birthdays and baby shower this week!

Blood pressure was good. No protein in my urine sample. Heartbeat was good (and incredible as always) and I measured normal (didn't ask what it was).

Then this time Dr. Brooks took a sample for the Group B strep culture, which I will find out about next week. If I am positive, I'll just have to have antibiotics administered to me every 4 hours during labor, so I don't pass it to the baby. He also checked my cervix, which they should be doing at every appointment from now on. He said I am not dilated any yet, but the cervix has softened some, so that is good. He also said that if I were to go into labor at this point, they would not stop me. So it's definitely reassuring to make it to this point! :)

My next appointment is Wednesday and it's at 9:00 am, so that means I get to sleep in like an extra hour that day! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

Only 1 month to go!! I know you must be VERY excited. I am too!! I can't wait to meet Bailey and hold her!