Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baseball Game, Money, and Trip

Just had a few things on my mind I wanted to blog about....

We decided to go to a Red Sox/Orioles game in Baltimore on August 2nd! We are going to go to Baltimore on Saturday, stay the night, game on Sunday afternoon and we'll come home after the game. This is kind of Anthony's birthday present. Our tickets were only $23 a piece though, and we got a discount on the hotel from being Liberty Alumni! We are so excited to take Bailey to her first game. We have several Red Sox outfits for her so hopefully one of them will fit her when the time comes!

I have been feeling very thankful lately, that God is providing for us financially. It has been a worry, since we are losing probably 40% of our income with me staying home now. But we really had built up a "pad" in our checking account, since we did not need all the money we were bringing in, in the past. So we still have plenty of that "pad", so it makes me feel safe, so that even if our expenses do exceed our income for now (which I am not sure that they do, we are trying to make sure that doesn't happen!) we can be okay for a while. Also, right before and right after Bailey was born, we sold a bunch of our books we had listed on half.com and made probably close to $200. I just felt like that was God showing us that He could and would provide for our needs. Also, through a "extra" thing that Anthony does for the school, inputting test data, we had some extra money on this last paycheck, that almost made up for the extra money they had to take out for insurance. Just another way of God showing himself faithful and showing me that it was the right decision for me to be a stay-at-home mom. I am SO grateful that I am able to stay home with Bailey, and that I have a husband who sees that as a priority.

This weekend will be Bailey's first trip to Virginia Beach and she will finally get to meet the rest of her family! I'm really excited about it. Hopefully the trip goes well with her. And speaking of Bailey, she is up from her nap, so I have to go! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Anthony going to be upset if she sleeps through it?? :<}

Jennifer Spinks said...

I didn't know you were going to be staying home with bailey permanently? Congrats!!