Tuesday, April 28, 2009

4 Months Old

My baby turned 4 months old yesterday. In some ways, it has flown by, in other ways, it's been the longest 4 months of my life! But she is so enjoyable, and so delicious, if I may say that of a baby. :) I mean her rolls.... they are just so cute, and there are many of them. It's too bad fat rolls don't stay cute!

Anyhow, the past few weeks have been pretty rough as far as sleeping at night goes. I don't know what happened, she had been doing decently, and then all of a sudden, it's like she is up at least every 2 hours.... ugh. So I have resorted to bringing her into bed with us at some point in the night, the point where I can hardly walk a straight line to her room. I swear, that kid would lay in bed all day and sleep if she could have the breast available to her at all times! Haha. So I'm sure I'm encouraging bad habits, but I'm doing what I need to survive.

So with the bad sleeping thing in mind, I decided to bite the bullet and give her cereal last night to see if it would help her sleep any better. She did wonderfully with the cereal, much better than they usually do on the first try, I think. She seemed to like it and defintely got more in her belly than she did on her face and bib. She was actually falling starting to fall asleep in her chair (hmmm.. just occured to me, maybe I should let her sleep in her high chair at night, since she apparently can fall asleep there! jk). So I had nursed her some, fed her cereal, then nursed her again, and she went down pretty easily, compared to what she has been doing. She didn't seem to sleep any longer or better than she has been, but it was easier getting her to stay asleep for the first stretch, so that's progress. She didn't finish all the cereal I had made because she was falling asleep, so I'm hoping if she eats more, maybe the sleep time will increase.

It's a little sad to see her growing up, but I'm mostly happy about it. Let's be honest, the only really fun thing about tiny babies, is how tiny and cute they are. Now she is interacting, and can entertain herself long enough for me to get things done, so I'm enjoying this stage more.

Bailey goes to the doctor tomorrow for her 4 month checkup and shots :(. Hopefully I can handle it better this time than I did last time. I'm also going to ask the doctor what to do about the bad sleeping and see if he has any suggestions for me. I have pictures to upload, so I'll post those once I get that done, and I'll let you know how the doctor visit goes tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, your comment about the fat rolls cracked me up!!! Bailey's are definitely far cuter than mine. :<} Hahaha

Secondly, don't worry about starting bad sleep habits- you're exactly right, do what you need to do to get through this stage. She's YOUR baby, do whatever YOU feel is right for her. Now, if you're still having sleep issues when she's 5, that's another story. :<} But seriously, don't ever question yourself on what works for your baby. Every child is different, and the books were written based on one person's experience or opinion. YOU are the expert on Bailey, so go with it! You're a great mom.