Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Falling Apart

So last Wednesday was a doosie of a day! First, our cable and internet wasn't working right. They were going in and out of working, and when it was working, the cable was skipping and being fuzzy and weird. Not a huge deal, but annoying. Then I realize our heat is not working right, again (we had a problem with it back in November). It wasn't keeping up with the temperature I had it set at, and the unit wasn't even turning on, so our house was only staying warm because of the auxilary heat. And if that wasn't enough for one day, on the way to church, the ABS and brake lights in the jeep came on, and when we tried to start it to come home, it had trouble starting. This put me over the edge and I cried.... which was okay cause it had been a while (I'm not having baby related cries anymore really, yay me!), but I was like "are you kidding me?". I can't believe all these things in ONE DAY!

Soooo, Anthony called Ntelos and they came on Thursday afternoon, replaced a few things, and got the cable and internet working again. And as a bonus, he programmed the Ntelos remote to turn the tv on and off now, so we only have one remote instead of two! Yay! Problem #1: Solved.

On Wednesday night I talked to our friend Gary from church, who does heat & AC stuff, and he came on Thursday evening and found that we had some kind of part that was bad on the unit, and replaced that for us. Anthony paid him $90 (the part was $35). That's what it cost last time we had a problem, and I'd much rather pay him than someone I don't know. Problem #2: Solved.

Then.... Anthony called a place to set up an appointment for the jeep, and he got it for Monday, yesterday. Got it back today, turns out we had 2 sensors that were bad. One was the cam sensor (?) and I don't know what the other was. That was about $406.... grr. But it was only $65 in labor, so at least it wasn't parts that were hard to replace and took a lot of labor. At least we have the jeep paid off, so that's only like 1 and 1/3 months worth of payment. Got the jeep back today, running fine now. Problem #3: Solved!

So hopefully we have had our share of things going wrong for a while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When it rains... I wondered why you all were in Anthony's car Sunday.