Saturday, April 11, 2009

VA Beach Trip

Last weekend we went to VA Beach for a long weekend to visit Anthony's family. We went on Friday and Bailey was great - she slept the whole trip! We stopped in Newport News to see Jon & Sam and the boys, including new little Timothy. He is so tiny, and I have such a hard time remembering Bailey ever being that little, even though it was only 3 months ago!

It's amazing how much they grow in the first year. We got on the scale tonight to see how much she weighs now, and she is almost 16 pounds, close to double her birth weight. Aren't you glad we don't double our weight every 4 months? Haha. Anyways, back to my story.

So we got to Anthony's parents' house late Friday night. Saturday we went to the yard sale at Matt & Amanda's church. I got a couple of shirts, and we both got some of the amazing pizza they were selling. Then after lunch, Chris, Laura, Elena, and Laura's parents came over to visit for a while. Elena is such a cutie, and crawling around like a pro! Then later that afternoon, the rest of the family came over (it takes too long to name everyone now, haha!).

Sunday we went to church and I put Bailey in the nursery. That was harder since I don't know everyone there, but luckily, a couple I do know was in the nursery during the service, so I know she was taken good care of (I'm sure she would have been no matter who was in there). Then Sunday after church, Jon & Sam, Jeremy & Brynn, and families came over and we had lots of fun, as usual. It was nice, because we didn't have to rush off Sunday afternoon like we usually do, since Anthony's spring break was this week. We ended up skipping church Sunday evening, I think we were all beat.

Then Monday morning, we headed over to Matt & Amanda's to spend some time with them and Lily. We hung out at their house for a little bit, and then went to Chili's for lunch. Then we went back to their house to hang out for a little while longer and then we headed out in the afternoon.

Here are a few picture from the weekend:


Amanda had Bailey giggling like crazy! She has never laughed so much for me, and I still can't get her to do it, even when I imitate what Amanda was doing! I guess Amanda just looks funny or something.... just kidding! :) But it was so hillarious. It almost bring me to tears to see her so happy.


















A shot of all the cousins, minus Elena and Timothy.

















Anthony and I, holding baby Timothy.





















And Bailey taking a bath at Grammy's house. I think she really liked taking a bath sitting up. I think she looks like she is relaxing in a jacuzzi in this pic!




1 comment:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

Hey I'm not funny looking! :) Bailey just thinks I'm awesome! She doesn't get to see enough of me she said. I LOVED when Lily first started giggling/laughing so I know exactly how it just melts your heart!