Tuesday, July 7, 2009

6 Month Well Visit

We went on Tuesday for Bailey's 6 month well visit. She weighs 20 lbs 6 1/2 oz (above the 95th percentile!) and is 26 in. long (50th percentile). She's definitley a chunky monkey, but I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Dr. Bob said she looks really good and seems to be doing really well with all the milestones and all. We go back in October, and it just blows my mind to think that she'll only be 2 months away from a year old then!

On the subject of milestones, I thought I would also share a little bit about her at this time.

She is sitting really well, and has been for probably about 3 weeks now. She still has a fall every now and then, but mostly when she is trying to do something risky or rocks back for some reason. I feel comfortable enough to leave her on the floor while I sit on the couch or while I leave the room for a minute.

Of course, I can only leave for a minute without checking on her, because she is definitely getting herself around now. I wouldn't say she does the "army crawl" yet, but she can get places while on her belly. She also gets around while she is sitting up. I sat her on her playmat earlier today and next thing I knew, she was right at my feet while I was sitting on the couch, at least 2 feet away from the mat! She can get from sitting up position, to on her belly, and she kind of lowers herself towards the ground and is able to get back up again. She is trying really hard to go from sitting to the "crawling" position. She gets one leg behind her, but then the other one gets in her way, and she can't quite get over it yet. :) She loves to go for cords, the PS3 controller, and remotes. Haha! Isn't that how it is? They LOVE the things they are not allowed to play with!

Bailey is definitely a Mommy's girl at this point. If her daddy is holding her and she sees me, and I walk by her, she fusses until I come back and pay her some attention. She lights up when I come home from work, or even just come out of the bathroom from a shower. I would feel better about going to work if she wasn't so clingy to me, but I do have to admit, it feels good to be needed and loved. :)

Bailey's sleep has been improving lately as well! Maybe 2 weeks ago or so, she just started waking up just once a night, on most nights. Of course, then she is usually awake for the morning around 6 or shortly thereafter (unless of course I am totally exhausted and bribe her back to sleep by nursing her in bed with me!). A few nights ago, she actually slept from 9:15 pm to 6:00 am straight! That was amazing! :) I've definitely been enjoying the longer sleep periods I've been getting lately. She's also doing better with napping. For a few days now, I've been trying to put her in her crib for naps, and she's doing decently with it. It used to be, she was wide awake as soon as I laid her down, but now she usually sleeps at least 20 minutes and it has been as long as over an hour. So I think she is learning to like her bed more and doesn't mind being in there so much.

Oh, and one last thing. Dr. Bob mentioned that he thinks she has a tooth that is about to pop through. He said maybe next week. So I am watching and excited for that. Hopefully, teething doesn't affect her negatively.

Here are a few pictures to enjoy!


I just had to put this one cause I think it's hillarious!










































1 comment:

Jennifer Spinks said...

Teething is no fun! We are going through that right now with Caleb. He has a third bottom tooth coming in (he is 8 months old). Hopefully Bailey will do better with it :) She is SO cute!