So we went to Baltimore this past weekend. We left on Saturday morning and we first stopped at Children's Hospital in D.C. to see Tyson and Summer. I'm so glad we got to visit and hopefully it was a little break from the same old thing for Summer just being cooped up in the hospital room all day long. Poor little Tyson was just not a happy camper, and can't say I blame him. But he is done with this first round of chemo, so hopefully he is feeling better. I know he is happy to be home with his family again. And most importantly, hopefully the chemo is doing its job and killing the cancer!
After that visit, we were on to Baltimore, to check in to our hotel. Once we got settled we headed downtown to the Inner Harbor to get some dinner. It took us about an hour and a half to get there on the light rail, because apparently some idiot (in a car) decided to try to beat the train across the track and didn't make it all the way. So we got held up several times and were just sitting there. But we finally made it and enjoyed the sights and people as we walked to the Inner Harbor. We ate dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. I didn't really care for it too much - it was way too loud, but that's where Anthony wanted to eat. Bailey fell asleep in the stroller as we were walking back toward the Light Rail and stayed asleep pretty close till the time we were back at our stop. She slept that night in the pack-n-play and did really good with that. We had a king bed and that was glorious! I wouldn't even known I was sharing a bed with someone. :) Please don't take that the wrong way, our marriage is fine (though unfamiliar city driving does not bring out the best in either one of us, haha), we just like to have our space when we sleep, you know?
Sunday morning, we get up have breakfast at the hotel, then get things packed up and hang out while Bailey has her morning nap. Then we head back downtown for the Red Sox/Orioles game, the point of our whole trip! We stopped and had lunch at California Tortilla before the game, great place to go. We were there about an hour before the game started I think. It was a really good game, lots of runs scored, some homeruns, some records I think, and some firsts for some players - a great game to watch. And Bailey was such a good girl the whole time. Of course I was up and down with her multiple times, is as to be expected. I nursed her a couple of times while we were there, in a bathroom stall, haha, and she took a nap in the stroller while I did a lot of walking around the stadium.
When the game was over, we took our time leaving, so we didn't have to compete with the crowd to get on the light rail. And I have to say, going to a Sunday game was SO much better than going to a Saturday game which is what we did 2 years ago. We had no problem getting on the light rail, and didn't have to wait to eat at either restaurant we went to. I think we will definitely be doing Sunday games when we go again. It just made me a whole lot less stressed out not to have to deal with such big crowds. So we finally got on the road between 6:30 and 7 and made it home a little after 10:00.
Bailey was SUCH a good girl the whole time, even on the car rides. She is really a very good baby and we are so blessed to have her. We had a wonderful time in Baltimore and it really actually seemed like we were there longer than a day, in a good way. Can't wait to go back again. I have pictures, but am too lazy to upload them tonight, so look for those sometime soon!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment