Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Randomness

Just thought I'd give a little life update while I was thinking of it. Nothing too exciting going on here. Anthony has been back at school for a week now, and the kids come back tomorrow. So our summer of fun has come to an end. :( It was really a great summer. Even though both of us were working part-time, I feel like we got some great quality time as a family, and we got a lot of our "projects" taken care of as well. I guess I'll be back to feeling like a single mother some of the time with Anthony being so busy (school, quiz bowl, other school stuff, his grad school class, etc.) but at least he is only taking one class instead of two like last semester. And it's good to know that it won't be like this forever since he will be done with grad school in a couple years.

Bailey and I are going to have to find things to keep us busy so we don't both go crazy being stuck in the house! We're definitely going to do story time at one, and maybe two, libraries. I would really like to be able to volunteer somewhere, but I'll have to figure out how to do that with Bailey in tow. Maybe at Ridgeview once a week or something?

And speaking of Bailey... she is getting around like an old pro now. She crawls everywhere, and moves from room to room now. She is also pulling herself up to standing on anything and everything that is within her reach. And on the food front, she likes to eat Ritz crackers (cracker pieces that is), and had a biter biscuit at Mom's house on Sunday for the first time. She put a hurtin' on that thing! I haven't really been trying any new baby foods with her, since she is satisfied with oatmeal. Although I did give her green beans again yesterday and today and she likes those just fine. So I guess she likes vegetables (green beans and peas) better than anything fruity. Strange little girl. :) She is just usually such a happy girl and more fun all the time. I LOVE that I get to stay home with her.

Had a great time at girls' night at McAllister's this evening. Then I went to Target with Courtney, who I have affectionately dubbed my "coupon mentor"! :) Oh and I wanted to mention my steal of the day in my grocery shopping today: Kroger had a "buy 10 qualifying items and get $5 off" deal going on, so I price matched that at Walmart, and 6 of my items were Hamburger Helpers, so my total on each of those were .89 a piece, and I used 2 coupons for buy 3, get .75 off, which brought my total to .64 a piece for Hambuger Helpers! That's more than half off people! :) Bargain shopping is such a rush.

Okay, off to bed now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww I feel so special. :<} Bargain hunting is a rush, especially when that total drops like a rock!!!! We'll get together and I'll teach you my couponing ways. LOL