Tuesday, April 20, 2010

American Idol... well kind of

I am watching our DVR'd American Idol right now, but I'm not doing a post about it like last week because today was kind of crazy. I didn't get home till after 7:00 and was still running around putting groceries away and cleaning up from dinner after American Idol started.

Bailey didn't get to sleep for her nap until about 12:30 and she slept until 3:00! I had a big day of grocery shopping planned, so we didn't get started until after 3. First, Ashley & Zoe went with us to Harris Teeter. I picked up some great deals there... 6 packs of Huggies diapers for $2.99 a pack, 2 packs of Ballpark franks for 25 cents a pack, an 8 pound bag of oranges for $3.99, and 9 pounds of chicken for $1.44/lb.!

After we dropped Ashley & Zoe off, we went to Walmart. I hate our Walmart right now because they are renovating, so I don't know where everything is at. I'll be so glad when they are done! Anyways, it was 5 something when I was in there and I thought, just by chance, maybe Anthony would be at school still. So I called him and he was still there! So I asked him if he would come get Bailey from me, so I could have an easier, quicker time getting my shopping done. And being the wonderful husband and father that he is, he came and rescued Bailey from the shopping cart and took her home for some daddy/daughter time. I am SO appreciative that Anthony did that for me. It's so much easier to shop without Bailey! :)

So then I finished up at Walmart, and then ran into Kroger for a few things. There I got a tube of Colgate toothpaste, Carefree pantiliners, two packs of bologna, and a Rotisserie chicken for dinner, all for $1.27!

Then my last stop was Sharp Shopper, our local grocery discounter. I got a ton of stuff there, some really great deals. They are having customer appreciation week, so I'm hoping to win something from the drawing. :)

Well, now I am home, all the groceries are put away, the house is relatively clean, and it's time for me to relax and watch Lost. :) Hope everyone is having a great week.

No comments: