Monday, December 15, 2008

39 Week Checkup

Okay.... this ought to be the last or next to last one of these I have to write. Everything was good. My blood pressure was lower than last week, so I was pleased with that. Baby's heartbeat was good and she still likes hanging out over on my left side. I am about 1/2 cm dilated, so that was good to hear. At least we're getting somewhere and not having nothing happen!

I saw Dr. Ferguson today and this was the 2nd time I've seen her. I like her, she was very easy to talk to and just really friendly. She said of course, that first babies tend to take their time and once I was a week to 10 days overdue (if we get there) we could talk about scheduling an induction. She mentioned that obviously it's best to let "mother nature" handle things if possible, but once you are overdue, you have to start thinking about the fact that the baby is getting bigger everyday, so you don't want her so big that she won't come out anyways. I ran the January 1st/insurance deal by her and I get the impression that if I make it to my appointment next Monday (the 22nd) we might be able to schedule an induction for the point that I would be a week overdue (the 28th). So hopefully we don't make it that far (I am begging you to pray for that!) but if we do and things went like they should, I could still be out of the hospital by December 31st. And, the doctor I see next Monday is Dr. Hoover, who I believe someone told me is the one I should see if I want an induction. So maybe that is God's plan for us. Who knows?

But I would ask you to pray that we DON'T make it that far. Here is my ideal situation: I work till Friday and then things start happening over the weekend and we could be home, baby and all, by Christmas. Of course, I know God's plan is best, so we'll just trust Him, one day at a time. Anthony guesses she will be born on her due date, because as he says, "we are on time kind of people". Haha.

So anyways, that's the latest. I'm trying to get everything wrapped up at work, and it feels a little overwhelming, but we're doing the best we can. And Anthony is done with one of his grad classes (he'll get an A!) and he is taking the final exam for his other one tomorrow. So he'll be happy if I just make it past tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

You sound so planned like me. :) Then a baby and motherhood happens and you realize despite all your best efforts to plan and organize, your intentions usually get destroyed, haha. Guess that's God's way of reminding the crazy organized/ocd ones of us that we're not in charge. :) I think Bailey is going to arrive the day after christmas, the 26th. So there's my vote! I'm choosing that day because it's 5 days after you due date (the same amount of time I went after Lily's due date). That's great though that it sounds like they can induce you by the 28th if you don't go before then. I thought they would try to accomodate that request.