Saturday, December 13, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes

This morning as I was laying in bed, thoroughly enjoying what quite possibly has the potential to be my last Saturday to freely sleep in, uninterrupted, my phone rang. (The voices of Amanda and Jen came to my head when I woke up at 8:00 ready to get out of bed and get to cleaning, organizing, baking, etc. Perhaps I am nesting. But because of their advice, I decided sleep was more important today. So I stayed in bed/slept till around 11:00.) Anyways, back to the main story. I did not get up to answer the phone because I knew if it was important enough, whoever it was would call back. They didn't. :) So when I did get up at 11:00 I listened to my voice mail and it was Ashley saying that she wanted to tell me how I was being a bad influence on her daughter. ME a bad influence on Zoe? This oughta be good I thought.

So I call her and she said that this morning Zoe says to her "I want a baby in my belly". Ashley says "Excuse me?". To which Zoe responds, "I want a baby in my belly so my belly will grow big like Aunt Tara's". Hahahaha.

The funny thing to me was that I wasn't even sure if she had noticed or cared that my belly was big. She never says anything about it or really acknowledges "the belly" unless we tell her to put her hand on it, or say something to Bailey, etc. But apparently she is keenly aware, and jealous, of the size of my belly and the little one within. :)

No comments: