Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bailey at 5 Months

Bailey is 5 months old today! Almost half a year old... wow! I thought I would give a little run-down of where she is at.

*Waking up about 2 times a night. She nurses and goes right back to sleep. A lot of nights she ends up in bed with me early in the morning, but the number of nights she stays in her bed all night is increasing. She is still swaddled to sleep at night.

*She is ready for a nap about an hour after she gets up in the morning. Usually, unless something is going on during the day, Mommy and Bailey take this nap cuddled together on Mommy's bed. This is her only nap that is consistent. The other naps don't have a set, predictable schedule.

*She most always rolls over to her belly if she is laid on her back.

*She is getting pretty good at sitting up and I can tell that the muscles in her "trunk" are strong. She can sit up on her own for a short period of time, but is not good at balancing yet.

*Smiles easily and is generally a happy baby. Does like to be held rather than being put on the ground or somewhere on her own. But can you really blame her with such a great mom? Haha, just kidding.

*Just started oatmeal cereal last week, graduating from rice cereal (which she wasn't crazy about), and seemed to really like it at first, but then kind of hit a speed bump this past weekend while we were visiting Anthony's parents. Not sure if that was because she was not in her normal "eating place", because she was extra tired all weekend because of not napping well, or maybe the cold she had. Hoping she picks back up on it good again this week.

*Has seemed to become a little more cuddly in the past week. Will sleep on Mommy's chest again like when she was tiny. Mommy loves this by the way. :)

Well, that seems like a fairly good update of our little Bailey. I was going to post a picture but just realized I am on Anthony's computer so I don't have pics on here. I'll do it soon when I am back on my computer. Happy 5 month birthday Bailey Girl!

No comments: