It's been almost a week since I blogged, and I've just had some random things in my mind that I wanted to blog about, so here I go. :)
There are some "Bailey-isms", some physical characteristics about Bailey, that just make her Bailey, that I love. She has a vein that runs across the bridge of her nose that you can always see. There is also a little line, kind of a very shallow indention, that runs down the end of her nose. It's so cute. And then she has a round little indentation on her left ear, it is circular, and almost makes it look like her ear is pierced! I just love these little things that make Bailey, Bailey. :)
Next, I guess just this past week or so, maybe it's been since I have been swaddling Bailey again, so we've both been sleeping better, I feel like I have really started to LOVE being a mom and staying home with her. Not that I didn't like it before, but it's just been growing on me even more. We're getting into more of a routine. The time she wakes up in the morning varies, but usually, about an hour or a little more after she wakes up, she is ready for her morning nap. I SO look forward to that. Not just because I am tired and want to sleep, but because I am taking a nap WITH her. We've been napping in my bed and I just love cuddling with her during that time.
She also comes in bed with us early in the morning, the past few mornings it's been a little after 5, otherwise she wakes up very often in her crib, so it's easier to bring her into bed with me since she sleeps better, but I have to be honest. I LOVE that time too. Maybe I'll be sorry one day, when she is 4 years old and crawling into bed with us, but oh well. I love that song "It Won't Be Like This for Long" by Darius Rucker. I nearly cry everytime I hear it. Before we know it, she's going to be all grown up so I really want to just soak up every second of this time while we still have it. I am SO glad to be a mom and feel so incredibly blessed that God has given us a healthy, happy little girl.
Another reason that I think I am starting to love my life now, is that she is able to entertain herself for longer periods of time, so I am able to have breaks to do other things. So the other day, I made salsa! I came across a blog that had the recipe for Chili's salsa, which I love, so I decided to make it. It is pretty close to the real thing, and it was SO easy to make.
Well, I need to get to bed. I am working some tomorrow. I don't like working too much, since I am enjoying staying at home with Bailey, but I feel like I need to do this to contribute some money and I also want to be able to help them out since they've been so good to me. But Ashley can't watch Bailey tomorrow, so she is coming with me. :) And it's the start of the weekend tomorrow, the last weekend that Anthony has to do work for his grad school class, and then he'll be done till September, yay!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment